The polytechnic program is a benefit for candidates who want to join jobs quickly after the 10th class. This supplies an account of the usefulness of these programs for candidates who need to enter into a job career after finishing 10th class. Check Top 10 Polytechnic Colleges in Assam here.
This is the account of the numerous specializations in these programs as well as the scope of career after finish in a polytechnic course. A ‘polytechnic’ has conventionally been a college that delivers education in many arts and sciences at the diploma level. Since most of them provide education to recover the practical and technical skills of the candidates, they have a clear vocational orientation.
In this country, polytechnics are set up and run by the State governments, or else are private colleges with varying degrees of government aid, submitting diploma and certificate programs that can be done after Class 10th. We are providing polytechnic in 3streamswhich are Civil Engineering, Electronics Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering production.
Polytechnic Colleges in Assam Top 10
Polytechnic or Diploma in Engineeringis a professional program thatdelivers practical knowledge in the region of technology. Variouscandidates go for Polytechnic after finishing 10th or 12thclass.
The polytechnic programoffers only basic and practicalknowledgeto the candidates in the engineering region and it is the finest choice to go for a professional after completing a Polytechnic diploma. Those who complete diploma programs can go ahead with engineering programs and study with less spending.
Advantages of the diploma programas a least eligibility are as follows:
It is very mutualin this current scenario for the 10th or 12th standard graduates to take diploma programs in polytechnics. The diploma is a short-term programthat is practical training based. Candidatescan choose for polytechnic after standard 10th or 12th which enhances their professional qualification.
Somebenefitsof a Diploma in Electrical Engineering Area:
- Engineering Diploma is effective after the 10th or 12th standard
- Numerousdelivers in India and Abroad after diploma in Electrical Engineering.
- Studenthas an Engineering Diploma course.
- Studentcan get entrance in B.Tech. in Second year direct.
- Numerous jobs provide after Diploma in Engineering course.
- Students will be offered as Junior engineers and may apply for many Governments as well as Private sector jobs.
The diplomaprogramis more practical rather than theoretical and it helps candidates to become a junior engineers. It is quite appropriate for candidates to prove their competency along with skills for industrial jobs. The polytechnic is very beneficial for every candidate. This program’s Cost and time-saving are the rewardsprolonged in these cases.
- Polytechnic makescandidates job-ready
- Polytechnic comes at a portion of the price
- Polytechniccandidates are more probable to be hired
- Polytechniccan be finished in knowingly less time
It is very common at present for 10th or 12th class graduates to take up diploma or degree programs through polytechnics. This is opposed to the usual norm where candidates are expected to complete the 12thclass and enroll for a three-year degree in mostinstances, which classically meant the formal completion of 15 (12 + 3) years of education.
A polytechnic generallydenotes an institute or school that provides vocational programs in technical domains, industrial arts, or applied sciences. It generallyprovides certificate, diploma, or post-diploma courses for an entireperiod of 2 or 3 years depending on the program. You could mention an engineering diploma programby a polytechnic as a pre-engineering programthat easily delivers hands-on exposure to an individual in specializedregions.
Eligibility Standards for Polytechnic courses in the nation:
|Requirement||Must have clearedstandard 10th or 12th|
|Leastscore||Students must have gainedforty percent (40%) marks in the qualifying examination. (Kindly note thatLeast marks can fluctuate from institute to institute)|
|Nationality of student||Students must be of Indian National|
|Obligatory Subjects||Usually, Maths, Science,and English are measured to be obligatory subjects to apply for polytechnic courses.|
Admission Procedure for Polytechnic program:
- Registering of the student – In the directive to get admission into any polytechnic course, students are required to fill and acquiesce the application form released by the concerned authorities within the quantified dates. While filling out the registration form, students have to provide some basic details such as personal details, academic details, and contact details and upload required documents likephotographs and signatures. During the registrationprocedure, aspirantswill also be required to make a payment of the application fee. It must be noted that the application form will be diverse for each polytechnic program.
- Announcement of outcome – After the exam, the authorities announce the result of the entrance examination. Only those aspirantswho will qualify for the entrance examination will be eligible for admission.
- Counselling Procedure – Aspirantswho will succeedin the entrance examination will be called to participate in the counselingprocedure. After the counseling, the establishments will allot seats to the aspirantsbased on merit, preference, and availability of seats.
- Matter of admit card of student- There are numerous state polytechnic entrance examinations that are shown for admission to the polytechnic courses accessible by the participating institutes of the state. The authorities will announce the admit card for all the students who will register within the specified dates. The admit card will comprise all the details regarding the examination day for example candidate’s name, exam date, exam time, allotted examinationcentre, and examination day instructions.
- Entrance examination – The involved authorities carry out their respective entrance examinations as per the schedule.
Documents that students are required to take with them at the time of admission:
The documents are obligatory during the period of admission during physical reporting after the announcement of the result as follows:
- Outcome ofcounseling or Seat Allocation letter of the student.
- Merit or Rank card of the student.
- Admit card of the student.
- Newest Two photos as pasted on Application or OMR.
- Proof of counseling feesof the student.
- Medical certificate of the student delivered by CMO of civil hospital.
- Anti-Ragging declaration or Affidavit from the candidate and his/her guardians.
- All the overhead documents should be attested along withbeing in triplicate (three sets). Carry original papers for verification.
- Character certificate from the previous college if gap then submits the affidavit of gap year from Notary.
- Qualifying Examination Certificate (10th Pass certificate) for DET and 10+2 or ITI or Vocational for DET(L).
- Reservation certificate if entrance on the source of reservation.
- Residential certificate or Haryana domicile for those students who have passed their qualifying examination other than Haryana state.
Below given is the syllabus of the Polytechnic branches:
Here are the subjects which aspirant studies in Polytechnic in Civil Engineering:
- Engineering Physics II
- Engineering Chemistry II
- Engineering Graphics II
- Engineering Mechanics
- Construction Materials and Construction Practice
- Surveying – I
- Civil Engineering Drawing I
- Material Testing Lab – I
- Surveying Practice – I
- Computer Application Practical
- Theory of Structures
- Surveying Practice II
- CAD in Civil Engineering Drawing – I
- Construction Management with MIS
- Town Planning
- Earthquake Engineering
- Advanced Construction Technology
- Estimating & Costing II
- Hydraulics & Plumbing Lab
- Theory of Engineering
- Surveying Practise – II
- Estimating and Costing – I
- Material Testing Lab – II
- English Communication
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Physics
- Engineering Chemistry
- Engineering Graphics
- Workshop Practise
- English Communication-II
- Engineering Mathematics
- Applied Mathematics
Here are the subjects which aspirant studies in Polytechnic in Mechanical Engineering:
- Design Thinking
- Environmental Studies
- Engineering Mechanics
- Workshop Technology
- English Communication
- Engineering Graphics
- Basic Electrical & Electronics
- Computer Programming
- Strength of Materials
- Design of machine elements
- Industrial Quality control
- Materials and Operations Management
- Industrial Automation and Robotics
- Advanced Manufacturing Process
- Metal cutting and Tool design
- Operations Research
- Metal Forming – Principles & Design
- CAD/CAM and CIM
- Facility Planning and Material Handling
- Production Planning and Control
- Heat Transfer
- Theory of machines
- Work-study and Ergonomics
- Industrial Management
- Economics & life cycle concepts
- Engineering Thermodynamics
- Material Science
- Manufacturing Technology
- Mechanical Measurements and Metrology
- Fluid Mechanics
Computer science and engineering
Here are the subjects which aspirant studies in Polytechnic in Computer science and Engineering:
- Applied Mathematics-I
- Applied Science
- Concepts of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Introduction to Computer Concepts
- Applied Science Laboratory
- Basic Electronics Laboratory
- Network Security and Management
- Mobile Computing
- Software Testing
- Software Testing Laboratory
- Network Security Laboratory
- Project Work
- Operating System
- Database Management Systems
- Software Engineering
- OOPs with C++
- DBMS Lab
- Linux Lab
- OOPs with C++ Laboratory
- Basic Computer Skills Laboratory
- Computer Networks
- Computer Organization
- Data Structures Using C
- Web Design Laboratory
- PC Hardware and Networking Laboratory
- Data Structures Laboratory
- Graphic User Interface Laboratory
Top 10 polytechnic colleges in Assam
CIT Kokrajhar – Central Institute of Technology
Central Institute of Technology also known as CIT, Kokrajhar is located in Kokrajhar District of Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) in Assam. It has been recognized for the basic determination of fulfilling the aspirations of the Bodo People relating to their educational identity, language, education, and overall economic development of the region and to inform Bodo youths with requisite technological and vocational training to produce the required manpower to provide the impetus to the economic growth of this region and to participate the Bodo People into the mainstream of Technical and Vocational Education.
It is a Centrally Funded college underneath the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. The CIT institute was founded on the 19th of December in the year 2006.
The beginning of this college was the memo of Settlement on Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) signed between the Assam Government, the Union Government, as well as the Bodo Liberation Tigers, on February 10th, in the year 2003, in New Delhi. The CIT college is an independent body registered under the Societies Registration Act., 1860, and functions below a Board of Governors (BOG).
Assam Engineering Institute, Guwahati
Assam Engineering Institute, Guwahati a premier technical institution in Assam was founded in the year 1948. AEI college is associatedwith the State Council for Technical Education. Its property is situated in Chandmariwhich is also called the heart of Guwahati city. It is well linked to both the railway station (3 kilometers) and the airport (28 kilometers). Furthermore, Guwahati is the doorway to the North-Eastern area of India, being well connected to all the additional states such as Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Meghalaya, and Arunachal Pradesh.
Being one of the antiquated technicalcolleges in the North East, Assam Engineering Institute playedasignificant role in the region of technical education in the field. The college was first started as Assam Civil Engineering School and provided a diploma programin Civil Engineering. Progressively as the request for technical personnel in other regions was increasing, diploma programs were introduced in other disciplines: Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Electronics,and Telecommunication,as well as Computer.
Also Check Top Course after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
HRH The Prince of Wales Institute of Engineering and Technology, Jorhat
TheWar Technical School at the time of the Second World War is the current pioneer technical college in North-Eastern India named His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales College of Engineering and Technology, Jorhat. At the very beginning of the institute in the year 1928, a certificate program for mechanics was introduced and nearly all the pass out were promised in the different works of American Soldiers.
This HRH college was founded in the year 1927 with the financial aid of rupees one lakh from a great Assamese timber merchant Late Bholanath Boruah, who had delivered the money to the British Government in the year 1922 for establishing a technical school in the name of Prince of Walesat Jorhat.
The college came up fully to inform technical education from 16th January 1928. After the preliminary motor mechanic program, a 4-year certificate program in Civil Engineering equivalent to a diploma program has been presented in the year 1948. In the year 1957 3-year diploma program has been presented in the Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Department in addition to the Civil Engineering Department.
In the years 1976 and 1978, the prospectus of Automobile Engineering and Agriculture Engineering correspondingly had been included in the 3-diplomaprogram. The college has developed another milestone with the introduction of the Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering and Instrumentation Technology curriculum in the year 1986.
Silchar Polytechnic, Silchar
Silchar Polytechnic Institute was founded in the year 1960 and is permitted by AICTE (All India Council of Technical Education). The collegeprovides full-time diploma programs in four disciplines. Admission to the Silchar Polytechnic is completely based on a written examination as well as the interview procedure. The college has a placement department that prepares candidates for the interviews and provides good placement opportunities to candidates from different fields.
Silchar Polytechnic college details:
|Year Established Type of college||In the year 1960 Public college|
|Permitted by||AICTE (All India Council of Technical Education)|
|Associated to||State Council for Technical Education (SCTE)|
|Admission Standards||Entrance Examination and Interview Procedure|
|College Size||41.65 acres of land|
|Topmost Recruiters||SEW Infra limited, Barak Valley Cements limited, Amrit Cement Industries private limited|
|Facilities Accessible||Hostel, Library, Medical amenities|
|Official website ofSilchar Polytechnic||silcharpolytechnic.in|
Dibrugarh Polytechnic, Dibrugarh
Dibrugarh Polytechnic college is the only diploma-level engineering college in the eastern part of Assam. It was founded in the year 1965. It is located at Lahoal(Dibrugarh district) about 1.8 kilometers away from the 37th National Highway. Dibrugarh Polytechnic collegeis surrounded by lavish green tea gardens providing an excellent atmosphere for education.
It has been positively delivering the technical workforce to the industries of Dibrugarh and its adjacent districts. The college is below the Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Assam, and is documented by the All-India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). At current, there are 3divisions of engineering, specifically Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineering with a total intake capacity of 140 candidates.
The Institution offers 3-year diploma courses in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering. All programs are affiliated withthe State Council of Technical Education, Assam under the Director of Technical Education, Assam. Admission to these programs is based on the Polytechnic Admission Examination conducted by the Director of Technical Education, Assam.
Departments of the polytechnic course:
- Civil EngineeringDivisions
- Workshop Divisions
- Electrical Engineering Divisions
- Mechanical Engineering Divisions
PCPS Girls Polytechnic, Guwahati
The Girls’ Polytechnic, Bamunimaidan, Guwahati, which was founded in the year 1964, is a Diploma level technical college run by the Government of Assam below the Directorate of Technical Education, Assam, and is associatedwith the State Council for Technical Education, Assam. All the programs are recognized by the All-India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of Human Resources and Development, Government of India. This is the antiquatedtechnical college in the North East Region of India for femalesproviding3 years of Diploma programin four different disciplines.
The PCPS college has been playing a significant role in the field of diffusion technical education among females. In the Year 2004, the Girls’ Polytechnic was retitled Padmashree Chandra Prabha Saikiani Girls’ Polytechnic by the Government Assam. It is positioned at the heart of Guwahati city. It is well associated with both the railway station (3 kilometers) and the airport (28 kilometers). Furthermore, Guwahati is the doorway to the North-Eastern Region of India and is well associated with all further sister states namely, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh as well as Tripura.
Bongaigaon Polytechnic, Bongaigaon
Bongaigaon Polytechnic college is one of the leading institutes situated in Assam with all the essential facilities for the candidates. This college is connected with the Directorate of Technical Education to deliver better education and training in upgraded technology so that they permit to implement their creativity into developing ideals of the society.
Assam Textile Institute, Kamrup
Assam Textile Institute, a leadingcollege was founded by Late Rai Bahadur Kanaklal Baruah in the year 1920. Assam Textile Institute (ATI) is the only college, which offers programsin Textile Technology, Garment Technology, and Fashion Technology under one roof. This is anexclusive combination since all the 3programs are interconnected. Assam Textile Institute (ATI)is a leadingcollege for textile education in North-East India and has contributed significantlyto the socio-economic development of the field.
The past of Assam Textile Institute happened in the year 1920 when there was no technical college in this part of the nation. During the program of historical decades of its existence, the Assam Textile Institute has undergone distinguished variations and expansions, reaching a degree of standards in textile education up to the technical level.
Golaghat Polytechnic, Golaghat
Golaghat polytechnic located at Golaghat was lately founded in the year 2017 by the state government of Assam. Golaghat polytechnic is associated with the State Council for technical education (SCTE). The college provides a diploma in three specializations such as civil, Mechanical, and Biomedical Engineering. It is situated at a convenient location with outstanding infrastructural facilities and has highly qualified abilities for quality education to secure a decent placement.
The admission procedure only takes place in the offline medium and the selection of the students aspiring for admission will be done based on the PAT presentation.
Golaghat Polytechnic college Details are given below:
|Established year | College type||In the year 2017 | Public college|
|Association||State Council for Technical Education (SCTE)|
|Programsprovided||Diploma in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Bio-medical Engineering|
|Application Medium||Offline Medium|
|AmenitiesAccessible||Canteen, Library, Hostel, sickroom, Laboratories, as well as workshop|
|Official Website of Golaghat polytechnic||golaghatpolytechnic.in|
Sonitpur Polytechnic, Sonitpur
Sonitpur Polytechnic College was founded in the year 2017. It is a government polytechnic institutionpositioned at Theram in the district of Sonitpur. The Sonitpur Polytechnic College is permitted by AICTE and is associatedwith the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Assam. Presently, Sonitpur Polytechnic institutedelivers Diploma programs across specializations such as Mechanical, Civil, as well as Electrical Engineering. Admission to the college is based on the PAT entrance examination. The application procedure is available the online medium.
Sonitpur Polytechnic Institute details are mentioned below:
|Established andCollege type||In the year2017 and Governmentcollege|
|Permitted by||AICTE (All India Council of Technical Education)|
|Associated to||DTE, Assam|
|Admission Standards||Entrance-based admissions|
|Entrance Examination name||PAT exam|
|Application Method||Online mode|
|Facilities Accessible||Library, Laboratories, and Workshop|
|Official website of Sonitpur Polytechnic||www.sonitpurpolytechnic.in|