There are thousands of candidates who desire to take up engineering after their school. The polytechnic is also denoted as a threshold for an engineering degree. Thus, all engineering students who wish to settle early in their life, can take up a diploma program in the area of their choice and become the future engineers of the country. Check Polytechnic College Delhi NCR Here.
A diploma in engineering (Polytechnic) explains to a candidate all the fundamental concepts of engineering, all specialized fields like electrical engineering, electronics engineering, civil engineering, computer, and IT engineering. A diploma in engineering is a tremendously professional program where candidates can choose their specializations and pursue their career interests.
Polytechnic College Delhi NCR
Once the candidates earn their diplomas, they can take up a job in the engineering area. Another benefit of a polytechnic in engineering (Polytechnic) is that candidates can a get chance to enter the degree institute in the second year. Many candidates take up this course for the same. In the second year of a degree institute, a few percentages of seats are reserved for diploma candidates depending on the diploma that a candidate has selected.
Henceforth this diploma is also mentioned as a backdoor to a degree in engineering. Therefore, all engineering candidates can take up a diploma program in this field and become the future engineers of the country.
With so many post-secondary choices to choose from, it can be difficult for prospective candidates to resolve what’s right for them. How does one college differ from the other, and what form of education will assist them to achieve their career goals? In this given article, we’ll answer those questions and extra, so you can control what path is right for you.
We frequently get asked if a polytechnic is aninstitute or university. While there are resemblances, the thing that most sets polytechnics, such as BCIT, apart from traditional colleges can be summed up in 2 words: applied to learn. Also recognized as experiential learning, it blendsthe in-depth study found at universities with practical, technology-based expertisetraining.
This method of education is anexclusive characteristic of polytechnics—it’s strong and extremely technical, but also rewarding. Even candidates’organizations and clubs at polytechnics are similar to those you’d find at aninstitute, yet enriched further by the industry connections and real-world opportunities that the school and its faculty offer.
While institutions don’t reward postgraduate degrees, for example, a master’s or Ph.D., they do provide a wide diversity of certificate, diploma, and bachelor’s degree programs. Many candidates choose to begin their post-secondary journeys at colleges because of lower admission requirements, smaller class sizes, and cheaper tuition, before transferring to a polytechnic or university to completetheir full degrees. Before transferring, candidates must check the transferability of programsbetween institutions.
It’s not unusual for institutes to provide co-op programs, but polytechnics go one step further, introducing candidates to real-world experiences both inside and outside of the classroom. The common of Canadian polytechnics 60% to 70%include work-integrated learning into their degree, diploma, and graduate certificate courses.
Advantages of Polytechnic Course
- Student’s have a technical polytechnic certificate.
- Instant aneous profession will get you on basis of a technical diploma.
- Candidates can be junior engineers and can apply for Junior engineers, technical assistants, and many other posts in government Jobs or Private jobs.
- If students comprehend well and do hard work in their studies then their mind and understanding will be greater than intermediate
- Students can get admission in B.tech in the Second year direct which is also called lateral entry.
- It improve student’s skills and gives you the potential to make a successful career.
- Polytechnic degree is Cost-effective and time-saving.
- It’s the simple path to join an engineering degree for the reason that competition is lower than intermediate to get admission in engineering degree.
- After doing a technical diploma student’s engineering degree study will be easier because most of the topics are already student studied in technical diploma.
- Some diploma programs are very useful for the reason that degree-level qualifications do not require for example mechanical engineering diploma, civil engineering, Electrical engineering, electrical and electronics engineering, and more.
Eligibility Standards for Polytechnic
Students should go through the eligibility standards put up by the Uttar Pradesh Board of technical education for the polytechnic examination. The detailed eligibility standards are given below.
- The student should be an Indian citizen.
- The student should have cleared the secondary examination or equivalent examination from an institute/ board recognized by the Government of Uttar Pradesh.
- Students should secure passing scores in the compulsory subjects.
- The student must have Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, and Physics as obligatory subjects with any combination of other optional subjects to be eligible to apply for a Diploma in Pharmacy.
- The student must be a permanent resident of Uttar Pradesh or stay in Uttar Pradesh for not less than 11 years previous to the filing of the application. Exceptions can be created if the students are wards of ex-servicemen or defense personnel.
- The student shouldfulfill an aggregate of 35% excluding additional subjects and according to the AICTE standards. No rounding of scores will be considered.
- Students who are sitting for their final exam are also entitled to apply.
- For lateral admission to engineering, students need to have completed 10th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The candidate should have completed 10+2 with the required aggregate and have pursued and passed an ITI degree/vocational degree in the relevant field for 2 years.
- The student must have Chemistry, Mathematics,along with Physics as compulsory subjects with any combination of other optional subjects to be entitled to apply for a Diploma in Engineering.
Below mentioned are some of the polytechnic courses provided by the private/government colleges of Delhi NCR :
- Polytechnic in Mechanical Engineering
- Polytechnic in Electrical Engineering
- Polytechnic in Civil Engineering
- Polytechnic in Chemical Engineering
- Polytechnic in Computer Science Engineering
- Polytechnic in Information Technology Engineering
- Polytechnic in IC Engineering
- Polytechnic in EC Engineering
- Polytechnic in Electronics Engineering
- Polytechnic in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Polytechnic in Petroleum Engineering
- Diploma in Production Engineering
- Dairy Technology and Engineering
- Agricultural Information Technology
- Diploma in Power Engineering
- Diploma in Infrastructure Engineering
- Diploma in Motorsport Engineering
- Metallurgy Engineering
- Polytechnic in Textile Engineering
- Diploma in Environmental Engineering
- Polytechnic in Aeronautical Engineering
There isa choice of branches in Polytechnic, here we are providing some of the branches’ name and their syllabus:
Syllabus of Mechanical Engineering for Polytechnic in Delhi NCR :
- Strength of Materials
- Design of machine elements
- Industrial Quality control
- Materials and Operations Management
- Industrial Automation and Robotics
- Advanced Manufacturing Process
- Metal cutting and Tool design
- Operations Research
- Metal Forming – Principles & Design
- CAD/CAM and CIM
- Facility Planning and Material Handling
- Production Planning and Control
- Heat Transfer
- Engineering Mechanics
- Workshop Technology
- English Communication
- Engineering Graphics
- Basic Electrical & Electronics
- Computer Programming
- Economics and life cycle concepts
- Engineering Thermodynamics
- Material Science
- Manufacturing Technology
- Mechanical Measurements and Metrology
- Fluid Mechanics
- Theory of machines
- Work-study and Ergonomics
- Industrial Management
- Design Thinking
- Environmental Studies
Syllabus of Chemical Engineering for Polytechnic in Delhi NCR
- Basic Mathematics
- Engineering Mathematics
- Organic and Physical Chemistry
- Principles of Stoichiometry
- Applied Mathematics
- Basic Electronics
- Fluid Flow and Heat Transfer
- Material of Construction
- Chemistry -one
- Engineering Drawing -one
- Physics -one
- Chemistry – two
- Engineering Drawing – two
- Physics – two
- Communication Skill
- Electrical Technology
- Polymer Chemistry
- Petroleum Refining and Petrochemicals
- The technology of Inorganic Chemicals
- Applied Mathematics
- Developing life skill
- Workshop Strength of Materials
- Basic of Computer Systems
Syllabus of Electrical Engineering for Polytechnic in Delhi NCR
- Applied Mathematics – one
- Mechanical Engineering
- Sciences Elements of Electrical Engineering
- Applied Science laboratory
- Basic Computer Skills laboratory
- Electrical Wiring laboratory
- English Communication
- Electrical Circuits Electronics – one
- Computer-AidedEngineering Drawing
- Electrical Circuit Laboratory
- Electronics- one laboratory
- Communication and Computer networks
- Electrical and Electronics Measurements
- Electronics – two
- Electrical measurements laboratory
- Electronics Lab – two
- Electrical Machines laboratory
- Power Electronics laboratory
- Electrical Power Generation
- C-Programming laboratory
- The utilization of electrical energy & management
- Basic management skills and Indian constitution
- Computer-Aided Electrical Drawing
- Electric motor control laboratory
- PLC & HDL laboratory
- Project Work Phase – two
- Industrial visit
- Transmission and Distribution
- Power Electronics
Top colleges for Polytechnic in Delhi NCR:
JMI New Delhi – Jamia Millia Islamia
Jamia Millia Islamia is a public college founded in the year 1920. The college is recognized by the University Grants Commission of India (UGC). The varsity has ten faculties of studies, 39 teaching, and research departments, and 28centers of learning and research. In the year 2016, JMI Delhi obtained its NAAC Accreditation with a score of A++.
The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) of the Government of India located JMI at 10th position in the architecture category, 33rdlocation in the engineering group, 7th position in the law Group, 36th position in the management group, 30th position in the research category, 20th position in the dental category, 6th position in the university category and at 13th position in the overall category in 2021.
Also, JMI graded between 800 and 1001 in Times Higher Education (THE) in the 2017 international ranking and between 751 and 800 in the 2019 QS World University Ranking 2019. The college keeps raising its bar in teaching and research by collaborating and interfacing with many international educational colleges through joint research, joint conference, candidate exchange, and faculty exchange programs. The college has modern and upgraded services for candidates, staff, and faculty members.
Below are some of the important points that students must know about Jamia Millia Islamia:
|Brief Name||JMI, Jamia, Jamia Millia Islamia|
|Year of founding||In the year 1920|
|Official Website of JMI||www.jmi.ac.in|
|National Institutional Ranking FrameworkRanking 2021||10th rank in the architecture group|
7th rank in the law group
33rd rank in the Engineering group
13th rank in the overall group
30th in the research group
36th in the management group
20th in the dental group
|Authorization||NAAC Authorization with a score of ‘A++’|
|Infrastructure and Amenities||University Library Library remote access Hostel NCC and NSS Seminar halls Computer laboratory Games as well as Sports CandidatesHelpdesk Foreign candidatesInfo|
|Total Number of programsprovided||252 plus|
|Method of Education||Classroom Mode|
|Types of degreesprovided||Undergraduate (UG) Postgraduate (PG) Doctoral Post-Doctoral|
|ProgramsDelivered||Diploma, Bachelor and Master’sprogramsin Engineering Bachelor and Master’sprogramsin Languages (Persian, Urdu, Arabic, Hindi, Sanskrit, Korean, Turkish, Islamic Studies)|
|Entrance Examinations||JMI University Entrance Exam|
|Topmost Recruiters||Adobe India L and T Siemens TCS TCIL HSBC Jabong Mahindra and Mahindra|
IGNOU- Indira Gandhi National Open University, Delhi
IGNOU is the major Open University in the world with a total active enrollment of four million candidates. IGNOU is a supporter of those who can’t follow higher education due to high fees and lack of time. It has been acknowledged as the largest college of higher education by UNESCO in 2010. Also, it is credited by NAAC with an A++ score.
IGNOU has 22 Schools of Studies, 68 Regional Centers, almost 2668 Learner Support Centers, 811staff members, and 29 foreign colleges. Along with it, IGNOU has a crew of 231 academic faculty and more than 35,000 academic counselors. IGNOU provides nearly 200 Degree, Diplomas, Certificates, and Doctoral programs at affordable fees.
Ambedkar Institute of Technology, Delhi
Ambedkar Institute of Technology is generally knowns as AIT. It was founded by the Department of training and technical education (D.T.T.E.), Government of N.C.T and is also documented by the university grants commission of India (UGC). It provides a diploma in 4 different specializations however BCA and B.Voc are the new initiatives of the college. The college’s total enrollment capacity is 1305.
Entrance to these programs is entrance-based. Candidates seeking admission to the college might apply online. The college is well equipped with all the services with the motive of providing premier experience and learning to their candidates.
Below are some of the important points that students must know about Ambedkar Institute of Technology Delhi:
|Collegecategory | Established year||Public college | In the year 1986|
|Associated||Guru Govind Singh Indraprasth University, New Delhi|
|Programs accessible||Diploma in fourprograms, BCA, B.VOC|
|Application method||Online Method|
|Admission standards||Entrance based (CSE) Admission|
|Topmost recruiters||Wipro, IBM as well as Asian paints|
|Amenities available||Hostels, library, workshop, plus cafeteria|
|Official website of Ambedkar Institute of Technology||www.ambp.in|
Integrated Institute of Technology, Dwarka
Integrated Institute of Technology is associated with the well-known Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University and is recognized by the All India Council of Technical Education, Board of Technical Education (BTE), Directorate of Training and Technical Education (DTTE), and also the Government of Delhi. The collegeprovides several academic programs at an undergraduate level in the fields of Applied Sciences, Computer Applications, Engineering, Medical as well as in Pharmacy.
The college is touted as one of the leading colleges providing education in the area of Healthcare, Technology, and Skill Development at a reasonable cost. The main purpose of the college is to empower its candidates and enable them to fulfill every challenge of the world. Integrated Institute of Technology is a distinctive mix of a diverse pool of candidates from every stratum of society, assuring equal treatment for everyone.
Meera Bai Institute of Technology
Meera Bai Institute of Technology, associated with GGSIPU, is a technical institute offering Diploma and Degree courses to candidates. The institute provides 11 diversified Diploma programs, BBA and B.Voc. Admission to these programs is merit as well as entrance-based. The candidates need to fulfill the eligibility standards defined separately for all the programs. To apply for admission, candidates should visit the official website and fill out the application form.
Below are some of the important points that students must know about Meera Bai Institute of Technology:
|Established year | College Category||In the year 1962 | Government college|
|Endorsement||National Assessment and Accreditation Council|
|Documented and permitted||AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education)|
|Association||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)|
|Programsdelivered||Diploma programs, BBA and B.Voc|
|Admissions Method||Merit as well as Entrance based|
|ExaminationMarks Accepted||IPU CET|
|Application Method||Online Method|
|Amenities||Library, Canteen, Hostel, Bus, Conference Hall, Wireless fidelity, AC classrooms|
GB Pant Institute of Technology, New Delhi
G.B. Pant Institute of Technology was founded in the year 1961.The institute is administered by the state government and associated with Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. The college provides full-time and part-time diploma programs, while bachelor’s vocational courses in technical subjects.
There are five academic departments in the Mechanical, Production, Automobile, Electrical, along with Civil domains. Admissions are delivered based on the ITI CET and ADAM entrance exams. Admission to vocational programs is provided based on 12th class marks.
Below are some of the important points that students must know about G.B. Pant Institute of Technology Delhi:
|Establishedyear| CollegeCategory||In the year1961 | Private college|
|Permitted by||D.T.T.E.Delhi, Govt. of NCT of Delhi, GGSI University, UGC, All India Council of Technical Education|
|ProgramsOffered||Eightprogramsacross two streams|
|Popular programs||Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc)|
|Application Method||Offline as well as online method|
|Admission Standards||Delhi Polytechnic CET|
|Topmost recruiters||DMRC, Reliance Energy, ACC Concrete, Tata Motors, Eicher, and Volvo|
|College area||20.26 acres|
|Amenities available||Wireless fidelity, Solar power, Library, EDUSAT, Sports, NCC, Canteen, Open Gymnasium|
|Official Website of college||www.gbpit.ac.in|
Baba Saheb Ambedkar Polytechnic, New Delhi
Baba Saheb Ambedkar Technical Education Society, Delhi is a very wide spread institute in the state of Delhi. Baba Saheb Ambedkar Technical Education Society, Delhi was founded in the year 1995. It is one of the fore most institutes in Business Finance and Commerce, Computer Science, Education and Teaching, Engineering and Medicine, as well as Health Sciences.
Baba Saheb Ambedkar Technical Education Society is situated in New Delhi, Delhi. It is administered by the All India Council for Technical Education. More than 24programsare taught in this college.
Under Business Finance and Commerce, 2program is available. For Under Graduate education, BBA is the only program taught.
Pearl Academy, West Delhi – Pearl Academy
Pearl Academy has been graded 2nd among the top 10 fashion institutes in India by India Today Rankings. It provides education in the region of design, fashion, business, media, and retail industries. The fashion college also has been ranked among the topmost 25 Fashion institutes in the world. Admissions to the programsare based on the entrance examination conducted at the institute’s level.
Below are some of the important points that students must know about Pearl Academy Delhi:
|Established year | College category||In the year 1993 | Private College|
|College Area||2.30 acres|
|Programsof study||Fashion, Design, Media as well as Business|
|Courses offered||undergraduate, postgraduate, along with Diploma|
|Admission Standards||Entrance Examination|
|Official Website of the college||www.pearlacademy.com|
Delhi Institute of Tool Engineering, Delhi
DITE, Delhi was founded in the year 2007 by the Government of Delhi, with its two campuses located in Okhla and Wazirpur industrial regions. The collegeprovidesB.Techprogramswith specialization in Mechatronics and Tool Engineering at the Undergraduate level. For the Postgraduate (PG) level, the institutedelivers an M.Tech course with a specialization in Tool engineering.
Admission to the UG courses is by IPU CET. For postgraduate programs, candidates must qualify the GATE examination. The institute also offers two diploma programs in Mechanical engineering and Tool and Die making. The admission process is strictly based on the marks and merits obtained in the qualifying examinations.
Below are some of the important points that students must know about DITE, Delhi
|Establishedyear | CollegeCategory||In the year 2007 | Public college|
|Permitted by||Government of Delhi|
|Entrance Examination||IPU CET/ GATE Examination|
|Total candidates||549 (UG- 529and PG- 20)|
|Application Method||Online Method|
|Admission Standards||Entrance Examinationsas well as Merit-based|
|Topmost Recruiters||Maruti Suzuki, Toyoda, Kapur Enterprises along with Mind-ID|
|Amenities||Workshops, Canteens, Sports, Cultural programs, Library, and Well-maintainedLaboratories|
|Official Website of college||www.dite.delhigovt.nic.in|
CRRIT – Chhotu Ram Rural Institute of Technology, Delhi
Chhotu Ram Rural Institute of Technology (CRRIT College), New Delhi, Delhi NCR is one of the widespread Government affiliated private institutes which provides quality Diploma programsin 8 streams. Admission to the institute is based on Common Entrance Test (CET) followed by the online application procedure and counseling. Graduates from the institute are placed in top-recruiting companies for example Wipro, HCL, TCS, and more.
Below are some of the important points that students must know about CRRIT
|Established year | Collegecategory||In the Year 1985 | Private college|
|Permitted by||All India Council for Technical Education|
|Programs Offered||Diploma in 8 programsin two streams|
|Application method||Online as well as Counselling|
|Entrance Examination||CET Delhi Polytechnic Exam|
|Admission standards||Merit, Entrance, along with Counselling based|
|College area||10 acres of land|
|Amenities available||Laboratories, Workshops, Library, Conference Hall, Playgrounds, and more.|
|Official Website of the college||www.crritonline.com|