Engineering candidates often search for top engineering institutes in Karnataka to select the best college for themselves. However, selecting the best engineering college in Karnataka is a tough task with so many institutes in the state. Check Out Top 10 Engineering College Karnataka Here.
Karnataka has a whole of 542 engineering colleges for the candidates. Out of these 542 institutes, 407 are private engineering institutes while 134 are government engineering colleges. Bangalore which is the capital city of the state along with the IT hub of the nation has the greatest number of engineering institutes. Bangalore has a total of 168 engineering institutes(156 private and 12 government institutes).
Engineering College Karnataka
Top Engineering institutes in Karnataka provide over 55 specializations in numerous disciplines of engineering programs across different academic levels such as Diploma, Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Research level courses. The entire number of engineering institutes in Karnataka is over 350 out of the 6028 Engineering institutes in India.
- The number of engineering institutes in Karnataka that provides BTech or BE programs is 268. 178 institutes provide the ME or MTech course and 119 offer research programs such as Ph.D. in Engineering or MPhil.
- The admission to the top engineering institutes in Karnataka is done based on entrance exams for instance KCET, Karnataka PGET, JEE Mains, COMEDK UGET, GATE, and more. There are an entire number of 64,558 engineering seats accessible at the undergraduate level in Karnataka.
- 267 out of 342 engineering institutes in Karnataka are private institutions. Most of the private engineering institutes in Karnataka are associated with Visvesvaraya Technological University.
- NIT Surathkal is considered the topmost engineering College in Karnataka as per NIRF positions 2021. It inhabits the 13th position amongst the topmost engineering colleges in the country.
- The average fees structure of these institutes per year ranges from Rs. 50,000 to 3,00,000 for BTech and Rs. 30,000 to 1,50,000 for MTech.
Eligibility Standards for engineering programs in Karnataka:
Students willing to get admission in the B.Tech and M.Tech programs provided by the top engineering colleges in Karnataka must fulfill the minimum eligibility standards. Below we have specified the basic eligibility standards for admission to the best engineering colleges in Karnataka-
- For the B.Tech program, candidates should have qualified class 12th exams from a recognized school education board in India. The least mandatory aggregate is 50% to 60%. However, this least percentage requirement can differ as per the college or the entrance exam.
- The candidates should have mandatorily studied PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) in standard 12th.
- For M.Tech, students should have the relevant B.Tech degree.
Below mentioned are some of the streams offered in the Engineering program along with their syllabus in brief:
A Bachelor of Technology is a four-year professional undergraduate degree provided in numerous fields in Karnataka. Some of them are mentioned below:
- B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.Tech in Electrical Engineering
- B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering
- B.Tech in Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech in Information Technology
- B.Tech in Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering
- B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering
- B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering
- B.Tech in Automobile Engineering
- B.Tech in Environmental Engineering
- B.Tech in Dairy Technology and Engineering
- B.Tech in Agricultural Information Technology
- B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering
- B.Tech in Motorsport Engineering
- B.Tech in Metallurgy Engineering
- B.Tech in Textile Engineering
- B.Tech in Marine Engineering
- B.Tech in Infrastructure Engineering
- B.Tech in Plastics Engineering
- B.Tech in Food Processing and Technology
- B.Tech in Naval Architecture
- B.Tech in Geoinformatics
- B.Tech in Petrochemical Engineering
- B.Tech in Polymer Engineering
- B.Tech in Nuclear Engineering
Below we have mentioned some engineering streams such as mechanical engineering, civil engineering, electronic and communication engineering, and their syllabus:
Also Read BML Munjal University
Mechanical Engineering in Karnataka
- Kinematics of Machinery
- Solid Mechanics – II
- HSS Elective – II
- Workshop – II
- Mechanical Lab – I
- Physical Training – IV
- Fluid Mechanics – I
- Manufacturing Technology – I
- Engineering Materials
- HSS Elective – I
- Machine Drawing
- Physical Training – III
- Solid Mechanics – I
- Modern Biology
- Computing Laboratory
- Basic Electronics Laboratory
- Physics Laboratory/Workshop
- Physical Training – II
- Engineering Mechanics
- Introduction to Computing
- Mathematics – II
- Electrical Sciences
- Mathematics – I
- Physics – II
- Workshop /Physics Laboratory
- Physics – I
- Engineering Drawing
- Physical Training – I
- Chemistry Laboratory
Civil Engineering in Karnataka
- Mechanics of Solids-II
- Survey Lab
- Mechanics of Fluids-II
- Strength of materials
- Geotechnical Engineering-II
- Environmental Engineering-I
- Strength of Materials Lab
- Mechanics of Solids-I
- Geotechnical Lab
- Mechanics of Fluids-I
- Probability, Statistics
- Engineering Physics
- Engineering Chemistry
- Computer-Aided Engineering Drawing
- Computer Programming-I
- Building Planning and Drawing
- Geotechnical Engineering-I
- Concrete Technology
- Physics Laboratory
- Technical English
- CAD Laboratory
- Engineering Mathematics-I
- Basic Mechanics Engineering
- Introduction to Electronics
- Practices Lab
- Construction Materials
- Computer Programming-II
- Physics Laboratory
- Engineering Mathematics-II
- Engineering Graphics
- Engineering Physics-II
- Manufacturing Process
Electronics and Communication Engineering in Karnataka
- Digital transmission
- Signals and systems
- Open elective -1
- Advanced electronics and communication engineering
- Communication management
- Hardware designs
- Techniques of Computation
- Antenna and wave propagation
- Basic engineering
- Data Structures
- Microwave engineering
- Satellite communication
- Fields and Waves
- Electrical Engineering
- Electromechanical energy conversion
- Analog transmission
- Digital communication
- Analog communication
- Network Synthesis and Analysis
- Wave progression
- Digital electronics
Computer science and Engineering in Karnataka
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Networks
- Implementation of Programming Languages
- Artificial Intelligence Lab
- Computer Networks Lab
- Implementation of Programming Languages Lab
- Operating Systems
- Computer Architecture
- Database and Information Systems
- Database and Information Systems Lab
- Operating Systems Lab
- Computer Architecture Lab
- Environmental Studies
- Logic Design Lab
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Software Systems Lab
- Logic Design
- Automata Theory and Logic
- Numerical Analysis
- Discrete Structures
- Introduction to Electrical and Electronic Circuits
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Data Structures and Algorithms Lab
- Experimentation and Measurement Lab
- Introduction to computer programming
- Chemistry I
- Chemistry Lab
- Physics Lab
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Modern Physics
- Engineering Graphics and Drawing
- Abstractions and Paradigms in Programming
- Linear Algebra and Ordinary Differential Equations
- Abstractions and Paradigms in Programming
- Workshop Practice
Top 10 Engineering colleges in Karnataka
NIT Surathkal, Karnataka
NIT Surathkal, Karnataka has a devoted placement department that delivers training and organizes mock interviews before the placement drives. Several top-notch corporations from diverse sectors are visiting the campus every year to make placement offers. In the placement initiative of 2021, a whole of 906 offers was made by 268 participating corporations. The highest package provided was Rs. 51.5 lakhs per annum and the average package was Rs. 11 lakhs per annum.
Also Check Central University of Haryana
NIT Surathkal was founded as Karnataka Regional Engineering College also known as KREC in the year 1960 and upgraded to the National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK) in the year 2002. The college is graded 10 among the topmost engineering institutes in India by NIRF 2021. NITK provides UG, PG, and Doctoral programs in the region of Engineering, Science, and Management.
NIT Surtahkl grasps a record of more than 80% placements each year. In the current placement drive of 2021, the highest package provided was Rs. 51.5 lakhs per annum and the average package was Rs. 11 lakhs per annum. ISRO, BEL, BEL-CRL, GAIL, ACM, Flipkart, Intel Corporation, EXL Service, as well as Apple are some of the topmost recruiters at NIT Surathkal.
Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal, Karnataka
Manipal Institute of Technology also known as MIT, Manipal is the primary self-financing engineering institute in India. The college has been graded51st position among the topmost engineering institutes in India by NIRF 2021.
At present, MIT Manipal provides, UG and PG programs namely, B.Tech, M.Tech, and M.C.A. B.Tech is the flagship program of Manipal Institute of Technology, and admissions to the same are done based on marks in the Manipal Entrance Test (MET) followed by counseling.
MIT Manipal is also identified for its placements as it delivers excellent job opportunities to its candidates. In the recent placement initiative of 2021, the highest package provided was Rs. 43.31 lakhs per annum and the average package was Rs. 8.8 lakhs per annum. Accenture, Capgemini, Clear tax, Dell, Deloitte, Goldman Sachs, KPMG, HPE, L&T, My Gate, and TCS are a few of the topmost recruiters at Manipal Institute of Technology.
R.V. College of Engineering (RVCE), Karnataka
R.V. College of Engineering also known as RVC situated in Bangalore, Karnataka is a Private institute that was founded in the year 1963. The college is administered by a non-profitable Rashtreeya Sikshana Samithi Trust. The institute provides Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.), M.Tech, and MCA courses to the students.
Admission to under graduate courses will be based on scores acquired in the Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) whereas the admission to post graduation programs will be based on the GATE or PGCET examination. R V College of Engineering provides Placement Opportunities to students through its Department of placement and training or based on the score acquired consistently over the years in their respective programs.
You May Like Doon Business School
R.V. College of Engineering is famous for its four-year BE program which is provided in 12 specializations. Interested candidates who belong to Karnataka are provided admission into the program based on the KCET score. However, the assortment of candidates belonging to other states depends upon the COMEDK score.
The entrance procedure for KCET is likely to commence in February. The registration fee is Rs. 650/-. Those candidates who are ready to appear in COMEDK can register now by paying a registration fee of Rs. 1600/-. Registration for GATE begins in September each year. Interested student scan apply by making a payment of Rs. 750/-.
Ramaiah Institute of Technology (RIT), Karnataka
Ramaiah Institute of Technology (RIT) formerly known as M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology (MSRIT)is an Independent Private Engineering college situated in Bangalore, Karnataka. The college that is part of the Gokula Education Foundation (GEF) was founded in the year 1962.
MSRIT provides numerous specializations in streams such as Engineering, Architecture, Biotechnology, Management, Computer Science, and Technology at UG, PG, and Ph.D. levels. The institute provides B.E. / B.Arch. courses at the Undergraduate level and M.Tech / M.Arch. / MCA / MBA / M.Sc. courses at the Postgraduate level. Additionally, the college also provides a Research course in several specializations at the Doctorate level.
Entrance to B.Arch. programs will be the basis of the score acquired by the student in the 12th class with Mathematics as one of the main subjects.
- Least marks required to apply for B.Arch. the program is 50% (10+2).
- Students applying for the B.E. program should have passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Computer Science/Electronics as optional subjects.
- To apply for a B.E course a student should score at least 45% marks in HSC.
IIIT Bangalore, Karnataka
The college has recently been graded 76 amongst the topmost engineering institutes in the country by NIRF 2021.At the current time, IIIT Bangalore is providing Integrated, postgraduates, and research courses in the field of Engineering, Science, and Information Technology. Integrated M.Tech is the flagship course of the institute. Admissions to the course are done on the foundation of JEE Main cutoff that ranges between 7310 and 9010 for the general category.
IIIT Bangalore grasps a decent record for its placements. In the fresh placement drive of 2021, an entire of 543 provided was made by participating companies. The highest package provided was Rs. 45.6 lakhs per annum, while the average package was Rs. 29.96 lakhs per annum. Google, Amazon, Flipkart, Adobe, IBM, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, Samsung, and Intel are a few of the topmost recruiters at IIIT Bangalore, Karnataka.
IIIT Bangalore carries out the placement drive in July each year. The placement procedure covers summer internships for final year candidates, and internships and full-time employment for final year candidates. A whole of 543 placement provides were made by participating corporations during the 2021 placement drive. The highest CTC provided was Rs. 45.6 lakhs per annum, while the average package provided was Rs. 29.96 lakhs per annum.
BMS College of Engineering, Karnataka
BMS College of Engineering, Karnataka is a private independent college. NIRF places the institute in the topmost 100 engineering institutes in India. BMS College of Engineering provides 13 UG, 16 PG, and Ph.D. programs in Engineering and Management. The flagship course of the college is the BTech course. Students seeking admission should score in the range of 195-19000 in the COMEDK UGET exam.
The yearly fees for a four-year BTech course are Rs. 2.29 Lacs for students applying through COMEDK UGET exam scores. While BMS College of Engineering fees for the organization quota ranges from Rs. 9 to 3 Lakhs per annum.
For the year 2021, a whole of 1059 undergraduate candidates and 187 job offers for the postgraduate candidates have been made. Apart from this, undergraduates and postgraduates candidates have received 591 and 126 internship offers, correspondingly. The salary packages provided at BMSCE range from the highest package of Rs. 30 lakhs per annum to the average package of Rs. 4 lakhs per annum.
Siddaganga Institute of Technology (SIT), Karnataka
Siddaganga Institute of Technology (SIT), was founded in the year 1963. This prestigious college is one of the premier technological colleges in the state of Karnataka, situated in the town of Tumkur, Karnataka, India.
Must Check Engineering Colleges in Jaipur
- It is among the 130+ educational colleges run by the Sri Siddaganga Educational Society. It became an independent college under Visveswaraiah Technological University in 2007-08 with the last VTU batch graduating in the year 2010.
- The college is one of the 14 Engineering institutes under the Technical Education Quality Improvement course(TEQIP) a World Bank Project, administered by the Government of Karnataka in the state, and is decided Academic Autonomy from the Year 2007-08.
- The college is spread over 65 Acres of land with greenery all over and has a sprawling playground for indoor and outdoor games such as Football, Hockey, Cricket, and Basketball.
New Horizon College of Engineering (NHCE)
New Horizon College of Engineering (NHCE) campus is spread over an area of about 12 acres and is positioned in Bangalore’s IT Corridor which is enclosed by several MNCs and IT firms such as Accenture, Intel, Accenture, Capgemini, ARM, Symphony, Wipro, Nokia, JP Morgan, and Cisco to name a few.
NHCE Bangalore provides undergraduate to postgraduate, abroad courses and Ph.D. in the discipline of Engineering. NHCE has an exclusive distinction of achieving 100% entrances in all its programs and providing 100% placement assistance to its candidates, year on year. In addition to this, the college also provides a Dual-Degree program in Mechanical Engineering as the main degree.
There are 100% Placements occasions for B.E, M.Tech, MBA, and MCA candidates in reputed corporations. It also delivers paid internships to its candidates in different MNCs. These corporations pay candidates from 10,000 to 35,000 per month salary. NHCE Bangalore places internships for involved final year candidates. The period of these internships can be anywhere between four months to one year. Some of the corporations that have delivered internships in the recent past are Wipro Technologies, VMware, Societe Generale, Nokia Communications, Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, GE Technologies, and more.
School of Engineering and Technology, Jain University (SET JU), Bangalore
School of Engineering and Technology, Jain University is also known as SET JU, Bangalore is positioned 5th among the Topmost 5 Private Universities in India and was bestowed Best Excellence and Innovation in Engineering (South) by Edtech. SET JU, Bangalore provides B.Tech, B.Tech (Hons.) at the UG level, and M.Tech at the postgraduate level. Admission to the B.Tech course is done on the foundation of JET or Uni-GAUGE whereas entrance to the M.Tech course is done based on the GATE or JET examination conducted by the college. Students with valid test marks of any State Level Entrance are exempted from JET. In addition to this, the college delivers scholarships to the GATE-qualified candidates.
SET-JU Bangalore promises its candidates of 100% placement opportunities and they have successfully been able to keep up with that. SET-JU Bangalore systematizes “Education Fairs” and “Job Fairs” with more than 1000 job opportunities. School of Engineering and Technology Jain University Bangalore provides career and industry-oriented training courses from the 4th semester onwards to its candidates. The highest CTC provided amounts to Rs. 32 lakhs per annum.
The university trusts in endorsing higher education among deserving and meritorious candidates. It provides several scholarships under numerous categories. The scholarships are approved to candidates based on scores secured in CET, COMEDK, Uni-GAUGE, and IIT JEE Main & Advanced. For CBSE / ISE board candidates, scholarships will be awarded on a merit basis. Gate Qualified candidates are eligible for Scholarship (50% of the 1st year Tuition fee, 1 seat per branch) and the same is to be continued if the student scores more than 60% in the first year.
Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Karnataka
Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Karnataka is a private college founded in the year 1963 and associated with VTU Belgaum. SJCE is known for its flagship BE program and entrance is strictly based on inter-se merit of the qualifying examination. The college accepts a valid KCET score followed by counseling rounds for BE entrance. The KCET 2021 is arranged to be shown between August 28th, 2021, and August 30th, 2021.
SCJE delivers internship opportunities to candidates every year. M.Tech candidates are provided around 8 weeks of Industrial training followed by project assignments. The Internship stipend ranges from Rs. 15,010/- per month to Rs. 35,010/- per month. The placement record of the institutes is also quite decent. The average salary package provided is Rs. 5 lakhs per annum.