The word Engineering is derived from the Latin Ingenium, denotation “cleverness” and ingenerate, representing “to contrive, devise”. Check Top B.Tech Colleges in Mumbai here .Engineering is the massive knowledge of sea or space which have limitations at infinity, that is day by day from more and more research and practical experiment we are getting more information as well as knowledge.
Engineers are trouble solvers, organizers, communicators, calculators as well as designers. Engineering is an extremely creative activity, particularly when complicated problems are involved.
Top B.Tech Colleges in Mumbai
The current Engineer is also very software savvy and can use a variety of different computing programs to assist in verifying designs and predicting how structures will behave in the atmosphere.
A candidate has to learn engineering to become an engineer, for which he should have a diploma or degree of at least 3 years. There are many areas of engineering that have been made for diverse products or a particular technology. Such as electrical engineering, software engineering, and many more.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech in Mumbai
- The least entitlement to apply at B.Tech programs in ICT is 10+2
- The students should have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as obligatory subjects in 10+2
- For entrances to B. Tech and B.E, students are eligible through MHCET/JEE Main marks
- For entrances to B. Pharm, students are entitled only through MH CET scores
Below we are reading some of the courses provided by the colleges in Maharashtra:
- B Tech Apparel Production Management
- B Tech Applied Electronics Instrumentation
- B Tech Applied Electronics Engineering
- B Tech Applied Mechanics
- B Tech Architecture Engineering
- B Tech Automobile Engineering
- B Tech Automotive Design Engineering
- B Tech Avionics Engineering
- B Tech Biochemical Engineering
- B Tech Bioinformatics
- B Tech Biomedical Engineering
- B Tech Biotechnology
- B Tech Carpet And Textile Technology
- B Tech Chemical Engineering
- B Tech Civil And Transportation Engineering
- B Tech Civil Engineering
- B Tech Civil Infrastructure Engineering
- B Tech Computer And Communication Engineering
- B Tech Computer Engineering
- B Tech Computer Science
- B Tech Computer Science And Engineering
- B Tech Cybersecurity
- B Tech Dairy Technology
- B Tech Data Science
- B Tech Data Science And Artificial Intelligence
- B Tech Industrial And Production Engineering
- B Tech Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- B Tech Electronics And Instrumentation Engineering
- B Tech Electronics Instrumentation Engineering
- B Tech Electronics Engineering
- B Tech Environmental Engineering
- B Tech Fashion Technology
- B Tech Food Process Engineering
- B Tech Food Technology
- B Tech Infrastructure Engineering
- B Tech Hon’s in Industrial And Production Engineering
- B Tech Horticulture
- B Tech Humanities And Management
- B Tech Industrial & Production Engineering
- B Tech Information Technology
- B Tech Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- B Tech Lateral Artificial Intelligence And Data Science
- B Tech Lateral Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning
- B Tech Lateral Mechatronics
- B Tech Manufacturing & Management
- B Tech Manufacturing Engineering
- B Tech Printing, Graphics, and Packaging
- B Tech Production Engineering
- B Tech Robotics Engineering
- B Tech Open Source And Open Standards
- B Tech Optics And Optoelectronics
- B Tech Packaging Technology
- B Tech Textile Chemistry
- B Tech Textile Engineering
- B Tech Molecular And Cellular Engineering
- B Tech Rubber and Plastic Technology Engineering
- B Tech Rubber Technology
- B Tech Safety and Fire Engineering
- B Tech Silk Technology
- B Tech Sugar and Alcohol Technology
- B Tech Urban & Regional Planning
- B Tech Water Resources Engineering
- B Tech Surface Coating Technology
- B Tech Telecommunication Engineering
- B Tech Oil and Gasformatics
- B Tech Oils, Oleochemicals, And Surfactants Technology
- B Tech Software Engineering
- B Tech Space Technology
- B Tech Paint Technology
- B Tech Petrochemical Engineering
Underneath we have mentioned some engineering streams as well as their syllabus provided in Mumbai:
Also Read BML Munjal University
Engineering in Mechanical Engineering in Mumbai
- Kinematics of Machinery
- Solid Mechanics – II
- HSS Elective – II
- Workshop – II
- Basic Electronics Laboratory
- Engineering Drawing
- Physical Training – I
- HSS Elective – I
- Physical Training – II
- Electrical Sciences
- Mathematics – I
- Physics – II
- Physical Training – IV
- Physics Laboratory/Workshop
- Chemistry Laboratory
- Mechanical Lab – I
- Engineering Materials
- Solid Mechanics – I
- Workshop /Physics Laboratory
- Physics – I
- Modern Biology
- Engineering Mechanics
- Introduction to Computing
- Mathematics – II
- Fluid Mechanics – I
- Manufacturing Technology – I
- Machine Drawing
- Physical Training – III
- Computing Laboratory
Engineering in Civil Engineering in Mumbai
- Mechanics of Solids-II
- Survey Lab
- Mechanics of Fluids-II
- Strength of materials
- Geotechnical Engineering-II
- Environmental Engineering-I
- Probability, Statistics
- Engineering Physics
- Engineering Chemistry
- Computer-Aided Engineering Drawing
- Computer Programming-I
- Physics Laboratory
- Basic Mechanics Engineering
- Introduction to Electronics
- Practices Lab
- Engineering Mathematics-II
- Engineering Graphics
- Building Planning and Drawing
- Geotechnical Engineering-I
- Concrete Technology
- Technical English
- CAD Laboratory
- Engineering Mathematics-I
- Strength of Materials Lab
- Engineering Physics-II
- Manufacturing Process
- Construction Materials
- Computer Programming-II
- Physics Laboratory
- Mechanics of Solids-I
- Geotechnical Lab
- Mechanics of Fluids-I
Engineering in Electronics and Communication Engineering in Mumbai
- Digital transmission
- Signals and systems
- Open elective -1
- Advanced electronics and communication engineering
- Antenna and wave propagation
- Basic engineering
- Data Structures
- Microwave engineering
- Communication management
- Wave progression
- Electromechanical energy conversion
- Fields and Waves
- Electrical Engineering
- Network Synthesis and Analysis
- Analog transmission
- Digital communication
- Analog communication
- Hardware designs
- Techniques of Computation
- Satellite communication
- Digital electronics
Also Check Mumbai University Admission Process
Engineering in Computer science and Engineering in Mumbai
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Networks
- Implementation of Programming Languages
- Artificial Intelligence Lab
- Computer Networks Lab
- Implementation of Programming Languages Lab
- Operating Systems
- Computer Architecture
- Database and Information Systems
- Database and Information Systems Lab
- Operating Systems Lab
- Computer Architecture Lab
- Environmental Studies
- Logic Design Lab
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Software Systems Lab
- Chemistry Lab
- Physics Lab
- Abstractions and Paradigms in Programming
- Linear Algebra and Ordinary Differential Equations
- Modern Physics
- Engineering Graphics and Drawing
- Abstractions and Paradigms in Programming
- Data Structures and Algorithms Lab
- Experimentation and Measurement Lab
- Chemistry I
- Introduction to computer programming
- Logic Design
- Automata Theory and Logic
- Numerical Analysis
- Discrete Structures
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Workshop Practice
- Introduction to Electrical and Electronic Circuits
- Data Structures and Algorithms
Top 10 B.Tech Colleges in Mumbai
Indian Institute of Technology also known as IIT Bombay admission for 2022 is based on the marks of national-level entrance examinations. The college provides more than 100 programs at its undergraduate, postgraduate, and research levels.
For admissions, IIT Bombay receives the marks of JEE Advanced, UCEED, GATE, CAT, CEED, IIT JAM, and its written examination followed by a personal interview. postgraduate Admissions at IIT Bombay are presently open for MA and MPP programs.
The registered student swill then have to emerge for the MAAT 2022 examination. However, the examination date for MAAT 2022 is yet to be publicized. student scan submit their registrations for both courses online by visiting the official application gateway.
ICT Mumbai admission procedure includes other national level entrance examinations too such as GATE, NET/GPAT/JRF for the courses such as M.Tech and Ph.D. individually. The selection principles, Cutoff, dates, entitlement, and application procedure are discussed in the article.
The college delivers a decent placement opportunity to its candidates. The placement percentage is 90% which is very attired. The highest package provides at the college was Rs. 18 lakh per annum whereas the average package provides was Rs. 5 lakh per annum.
Top-notch companies such as Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL), Johnson and Johnson, Jacobs, ITC, Pidilite Industries, Nerolac, UOP India Private Limited, Mario, Honeywell, Tata Motors visit the college for campus recruitments.
Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management and Engineering – [MPSTME], Mumbai
Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management and Engineering is also known as MPSTME has corporate partnerships with over 300 corporations that regularly demeanor campus recruitment for Final Placements as well as Summer internships.
The institute’s Placement department organizes pre-placement activities such as mock interviews, seminars, conferences, expert talks, and more to prepare the candidates for the final placement drive.
MPSTME’s placement prototypical is a five-stage procedure, involving Pre-placement activities, career guidance talk, counseling candidates on job chances, and execution placement and post-placement reviews. An entire 43 companies visited the college for B.Tech candidates where as 112 recruiters visited the campus for a placement drive for MBA candidates.
Programs provides by the college are Integrated B.Tech., B.Tech., B.Tech.+ MBA, M.Tech., MCA, PGDM, and Ph.D. The B.Tech program is taught through MPSTME’s partnership with Virginia Tech, USA. Admission to some programs is done based on Entrance Exams such as NMIMS CET, whereas for M.Tech, the college accepts a valid score in GATE.
Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute [VJTI]
Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute also known as VJTI Mumbai provides technical programs for UG, PG, Diploma, and Ph.D. At aUG level, it provides B.Tech in nine specializations. For post-graduation, the institute provides M.Tech in 9 specializations as well as MCA.
Looking at the 2018-19 placement history more than 94% of candidates were placed with the highest salary package of Rs. 36 lakh per annum and an average salary package of Rs. 6.5 lakh per annum.
A whole of 234 corporations visited estate placements. Mass recruiters in the year 2018-19 comprised companies such as Infosys Ltd., Samsung Research India, Capgemini, Wipro, Maharashtra Metrorail Corporation, Ambuja Cement, Reliance Industries Ltd. Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute [VJTI] is one of the eldest engineering institutes in Asia, founded in 1887.
The college provides undergraduate, postgraduate, Diploma, and doctoral programs. Admission to B.Tech, M.Tech, MCA, and Ph.D. is founded on entrance examinations such as MHT CET, GATE, MAH MCA CET, and UGC NET.
Admission to Diploma programs is founded on merit secured in the last qualifying examination. Entrance rounds are recognized as CAPAI (Centralised Admission Procedure to Autonomous Institutes). The application procedure is conducted in an online manner.
Vijaybhoomi University has an innovative campus with all the amenities needed for a productive candidate’s life. The teaching and learning organization is equipped with state-of-the-art teaching aids that contain smart boards, a rich collection of relevant books required to support the delivery of the curriculum, a Moot Court for the law candidates, well-equipped modern laboratories, and more.
The college is enabled by high-speed wi-fi and each candidate is provided with adequate bandwidth to keep learning. The college delivers comfortable shared accommodation for the candidates. The candidate’s residences have been designed to offer co-living spaces for nurturing lifelong networks with peer candidates.
Each candidate is delivered with a uniquely designed self-contained living unit consisting of a comfortable bed, storage space, as well as cozy tucked-in study space. The courses being provided by Vijaybhoomi are residential and it is expected that candidates students stay on campus or facilities provided by the university.
Sardar Patel Institute of Technology(SPIT), Mumbai
Sardar Patel Institute of Technology also known as SPIT, Mumbai has a devoted Training and Placement department headed by experts and professionals who delivers placement assistance to its candidates.
The department delivers placement through campus recruitment as well as organizing lectures, seminars, group discussions, mock interviews, and others. for career guidance, entrepreneurship, and personality development. The staff at SPIT, Mumbai are tremendously experienced and well qualified.
The institute has around 88 staff members who offer proper guidance to the students through their experience. The staff members are helpful, supportive, and have a proper understanding of their region of expertise. The institute provides various undergraduate, postgraduate, and research courses in the discipline of Engineering, Technology, and Computer Application.
Sardar Patel College of Engineering (SPCE)
Sardar Patel College of Engineering also known as SPCE is an engineering institute situated in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It is associated with the University of Mumbai and provides undergraduate, and postgraduate degrees and Ph.D. programs in numerous disciplines of engineering.
SPCE provides all the programs under the departments of Civil engineering, Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering, and Structural engineering. Admissions to all the undergraduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. programs are based on various national level and state level entrance examinations conducted by the University of Mumbai.
Admission to the Ph.D. is given based on the rank gained by the students in PET or other relevant examinations, and interview students should fulfill all the eligibility requirements before filling up the registration form. The students are required to attend the common counseling procedure conducted by the university. The seats are allotted to the candidates based on their performance in the examinations.
K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering, Mumbai
K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering, Mumbai was founded in the year 1984. It is associated with the University of Mumbai and is situated in the city of Mumbai. The college provides B.Tech, M.Tech, and Ph.D. courses in different specializations at its Vidyavihar campus.
The college has a decent placement record during the past few years, a total of 408 candidates were placed in the year 2017-18 in its undergraduate programs. The college provides B.Tech in several specializations such as Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics Engineering, and Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.
M.Tech specializations comprise CAD/CAM, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics Engineering, Electronics, and Telecommunication Engineering as well as Energy Engineering. K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering has a dedicated placement department that demeanors pre-placement talks and training.
The college has associated with firms to deliver the best platforms to the candidates. The college has also in-house experts to train candidates for the work environment.
Dwarkadas j Sanghavi College of Engineering Mumbai
Dwarkadas j Sanghavi College of Engineering Mumbai provides B.E course sat the Undergraduate Level. In the post-graduation courses, the college provides an M.E program and a Ph.D. course is also provided at the doctoral level. All undergraduate courses are attributed to the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
The institute has such a status that though it does not provide an internship, you can effortlessly find one on your own. The placement ratios are 100% For B.Tech entrances, the selection will be done on the foundation of merit in IIT JEE Mains/Maharashtra CET as well as the 12th percentage.
The institute is lastingly associated with the University of Mumbai. The institute has qualified as well as experienced staff. DJSCE has steadily been in the topmost 100 colleges of our nation, rated by numerous ranking institutions. The institute is a center of reputed recruiters for campus placements.
TCET (Thakur College of Engineering and Technology)
TCET is also known as Thakur College of Engineering and Technology provides 12 undergraduates(8 in Engineering, 3 in Technology, and 1 in Vocational course), 3 postgraduate, and 3 Ph.D. (Tech.) courses. Admissions at the Thakur College of Engineering and Technology are done based on both merits as well as entrance examinations.
Students are required to appear in the MH-CET entrance examination to acquire admission to the B.E, while M.E admissions are based on the GATE marks. Thakur College of Engineering and Technology also delivers impressive placement and internship opportunities to its candidates.
More than 90 corporations are visiting the campus every year to recruit candidates. The maximum salary package stood at Rs. 7 lakh per annum, while the average CTC provides is Rs. 3.35 lakh per annum. Infosys, Tata Consultancy Services, Accenture, i-Gate, and Tech Mahindra are some of the topmost recruiters associated with Thakur College of Engineering and Technology.