What Is Mechanical Engineering?
In principle, mechanical engineering (M.E) is the application of the values and problem-fixing strategies of engineering from layout to production to the marketplace for any purpose. Mechanical engineers (M.E) study their paintings through the standards of motion, strength, and force—making sure that designs feature securely, efficiently, and dependably, all at a aggressive cost.
Mechanical engineers (M.E) make a difference. That’s due to the fact mechanical engineering (M.E) careers middle on developing technology to collect human requirements. Virtually every services or products in cutting-edge lifestyles has maximum probable been touched in diverse approaches through a mechanical engineer (M.E) to assist human race.
This incorporate of fixing ultra-modern troubles and developing upcoming answers in transportation, fitness care, weather change, strength, global hunger, area exploration, and more.
Being ingrained in lots of demanding situations and improvements throughout many fields’ manner a mechanical engineering (M.E) training is versatile. To meet this extensive call for, mechanical engineers might also additionally layout a component, a system, a system, or a method.
This degrees from the macro to the micro, from the biggest structures like motors and satellites to the smallest additives like sensors and switches. Anything that desires to be synthetic—indeed, whatever with shifting parts—desires the know-how of a mechanical engineer (M.E.).
What Does a Mechanical Engineer Do?
Mechanical engineers are usually worried with the generation, distribution, and use of strength; the processing of materials; the manipulate and automation of producing structures; the layout and improvement of machines; and the answers to environmental troubles.
Research, checking out production, operations, marketing, and management are a few different key sports related to working towards Mechanical Engineers.
Mechanical engineers are characterized through non-public creativity, breadth of knowledge, and versatility. They also are treasured and dependable multidisciplinary crew members.
The technical problem regions that shape the primary foundation for his or her paintings encompass mechanics, strength switch and conversion, layout and production, and the engineering sciences. Through smart use of analysis, modeling, layout, and synthesis, they clear up crucial troubles to enhance fine of lifestyles.
Mechanical engineers paintings on groups chargeable for growing an extensive variety of merchandise and structures including, for example, area go back and forth vehicles, plane of all sizes and shapes, automobiles, turbines, pumps, strength plants, and factories.
Virtually any system or method you could think about has benefited from the impact of a mechanical engineer.
Everyday conveniences inclusive of refrigeration, microwave cooking, high-constancy sound reproduction, transportation, communication, and copying are cheap in large part due to the fact mechanical and different engineers labored collectively to make it happen.
Mechanical engineers are in call for now, and projections for the destiny recommend a long-time period want for experts on this specialty. About 20% of the almost three million engineer’s withinside the United States are mechanical engineers.
Why is Mechanical Engineering Important?
Without mechanical engineering, we might now no longer have such things as engines, generators, elevators or maybe air conditioning. While we won’t even comprehend it, we maximum probable use something that has been automatically engineered each day.
Mechanical engineering performs an important function in synthetic technology, from motors to airplanes to refrigerators. It allows you to do many day by day sports with ease, because it brings useful technology to our contemporary-day society. It is one of the maximum crucial subdivisions of engineering, due to the fact without it, some of the technology we use each day could now no longer be available.
Branches of Mechanical Engineering
Because mechanical engineering is a vast topic, many engineering specialties can healthy inside its scope. Some of the maximum common mechanical engineering branches wherein graduating college students ought to discover careers include:
• Acoustical engineering: the manipulation and manage of vibration to lessen undesirable noise
• Manufacturing engineering: optimizing production techniques, growing strategies in addition to machines, tools, and system for the manufacture of goods
• Thermal engineering: growing and preserving snug and secure environments thru the manager of heating and cooling systems
• Vehicle engineering: the layout and manufacture of all way of vehicles
• Aerospace engineering: car engineering as unique to air and area travel in a few instances, different specialties fall inside the purview of mechanical engineering as well.
• Biomechanical engineering: the software of engineering idea to medicine • Design engineering: using mechanical engineering theories to layout higher machines that sell performance in addition to sustainability
• Flow physics and computational engineering: the intersection of sciences, engineering, mathematics, and pc technological know-how
• Mechanics and computation engineering: the software of mechanics to solids, fluids, organic tissue, and complicated materials
• Thermo technological know-how engineering: using engineering to create, harness, and preserve energy
Undergraduate college students are in large part now no longer predicted to select a specialty. Still, people who determine to head directly to a graduate application ought to be organized to consciousness on a selected vicinity of mechanical engineering.
What does one learn in a Mechanical Engineering (ME) program?
Mechanical engineering packages are pretty standardized throughout the US, thank you in element to the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET). As a result, mechanical engineering undergraduate stages commonly start with a few foundational guides relevant throughout the spectrum of engineering packages, such as calculus, physics, and fundamental introductory engineering guides.
Once mechanical engineers awareness on their important, they are able to anticipate locating guides in design, manufacturing, mechanics, thermodynamics, and materials. Thus, graduates of a master’s of engineering (ME) application need to have educational and lab revel in withinside the diverse disciplines that follow at once to mechanical engineering.
Notably, a mechanical engineering diploma gives a super diploma of breadth, making it an appealing important for the ones college students who realize they need to examine engineering however aren’t positive wherein to awareness. Mechanical engineers can start their expert careers with a Bachelor of Science diploma, however a few college students pursue superior mastering via a master’s or a PhD stage schooling. It is not unusual place for engineers to benefit a few revel in with their bachelor’s diploma and later similarly their formal schooling to transport ahead of their careers.
Why to Become a Mechanical Engineer?
Many new learners pick out to come to be mechanical engineers due to the fact the function aligns with their herbal capabilities and pre-current ability profiles. Analytical folks who experience technical demanding situations and feature stable abilities in figuring out styles via deductive and inductive reasoning thrive as engineers. The profession is likewise a super match for college kids interested by mathematics, technology, or the physical sciences.
Mechanical engineers (M.E) perceive mechanical troubles and paintings to construct new gear and machines to resolve the ones troubles. Finding the ones answers calls for patience, technical realize-how, and powerful time management. Success is frequently decided via way of means of experimentation, trial and error, and constant troubleshooting. As such, mechanical engineers frequently derive pleasure from designing green and streamlined engineering answers to growth productiveness and enhance societal infrastructure.
M.E : Mechanical Engineering College in India
Mechanical engineering drives the study of the behavior of materials with mechanics concepts to design, develop, manufacture machines or equipment and hold mechanical systems. The duration of mechanical engineering for undergraduate courses is 4 years, while years for postgraduate courses offered within the pinnacle mechanical engineering colleges in India.
The mechanical engineering field covers the core principle of mechanics, materials science, thermodynamics, kinematics, etc.
Additionally, this course accompanies students in acquiring skills of problem solving, technical, analytical, decision-making skills, and many more, useful in technology fields. Students who have eager talents related to math and science and technology precise to studying machines should pursue this stream without a doubt.
Given below are the premier Institutes of higher education in India, given by NIRF 2021, by MHRD, Govt. of India:
1. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras, Chennai
2. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Mumbai
3. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur
4. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), New Delhi
5. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur
6. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee
7. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Hyderabad
8. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Gandhinagar, Ahmedabad
9. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Ropar, Rupnagar
10. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Patna
11. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), North Guwahati
12. National Institute of Technology (NIT), Tiruchirappalli
13. Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), Vellore
|Name of the Colleges||Contact Details (Ph No.)||Official Website|
|Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay)||022 2572 2545||www.iitb.ac.in|
|Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT Delhi)||011 2659 7135||www.iitd.ac.in|
|Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IIT Kanpur)||0512 259 0151||www.iitk.ac.inerlerl.htm|
|Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras)||044 2257 8280||www.iitm.ac.in|
|Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IIT Roorkee)||+91-1332-285311||www.iitr.ac.in|
|Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS-Pilani), Rajasthan||01596-515396||www.bits-pilani.ac.in|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Banaras Hindu University (IIT-BHU)||0542 236 8106||iitbhu.ac.in|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Guwahati), Assam||0361 258 3000||www.iitg.ac.in|
|National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli||0431 250 0370||www.nitt.edu|
|Indian School of Mines (ISM)||0326 223 5001||www.ismdhanbad.ac.in|
|National Institute of Technology, Surathkal||0824 247 4000||www.nitk.ac.in|
|Birla Institute of Technology..||0612 320 0853||www.patna.bitmesra.ac.in|
|Jadavpur University (Faculty of Engineering & Technology)||+9133-24146666||www.jaduniv.edu.in|
|Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology (MNNIT), Allahabad||0532 254 5404||www.mnnit.ac.in|
|PSG College of Technology||0422 257 2177||www.psgtech.edu|
|Punjab Engineering University of Technology (PEC), Punjab||0172 274 6074||www.pec.ac.in|
|Bengal Engineering and Science University, West Bengal||033 2668 4561||www.becs.ac.in|
|Malaviya National Institute of Technology||0141 252 9087||mnit.ac.in|
|Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology||0712 – 2222828||www.vnit.ac.in|
|Thapar University||0175 239 3021||www.thapar.edu|
|College of Engineering Pune||020 2550 7000||www.coep.org.in|
|Manipal Institute of Technology, Karnataka||91-820-2571060||www.manipal.edu|
|R.V.College of Engineering||080 67 178021||www.rvce.edu.in|
|Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute||-24198033||www.vjti.ac.in|
|University College of Engineering (Osmania University), Hyderabad||040 2768 2384||www.uceou.edu|
|Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering, Tamil Nadu||044 2746 9701||www.ssn.edu.in|
|Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology||0261 225 9571||www.svnit.ac.in|
|Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal||0755 – 4051000||www.manit.ac.in|
|Nirma University – Institute of Technology||+91 – 2717 – 241911 to 15||www.nirmauni.ac.init|
|Coimbatore Institute of Technology (CIT)||0422 257 4071||cit.edu.in|
|Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT)||0416 224 3091||www.vit.ac.in|
|Maharashtra Institute of Technology||+91-20-3027 3400||www.mitpune.com|
|National Institute of Engineering, Mysore||0821 248 0475||www.nie.ac.in|
|National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur||0657-2373407||www.nitjsr.ac.in|
|BMS College of Engineering, Bengaluru, Karnataka||080 2662 2140||www.bmsce.in|
|National Institute of Technology, Durgapur||+91-343-2752011||www.nitdgp.ac.in|
|Amity School of Engineering and Technology||011 2806 2106||www.amity.eduase|
|University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering – Karnataka||080 2296 1803||uvcebangalore.org|
|Amrita Institute of Technology and Sciences – Tamil Nadu||0422 265 6274||www.amrita.edu|
|Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology, Hyderabad||040 2419 3276||www.cbit.ac.in|
|College of Engineering Trivandrum||0471 251 5502||www.cet.ac.in|
|Sardar Patel College of Engineering, Mumbai||022 2628 9777||www.spce.ac.in|
|Bangalore Institute of Technology||080 2661 5865||bit-bangalore.edu.in|
|SASTRA University||04362 304 000||www.sastra.edu|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada||040 2315 8661||www.jntuk.edu.in|
|Thaigarajar College of Engineering||+91 452 2482240||www.tce.edu|
|University Institute of Engineering & Technology||0172 253 4969||uiet.puchd.ac.in|
|P.E.S. College of Engineering||080 2672 0410||www.pes.edu|
|National Institute of Technology, Raipur||+91-771-2254200||www.nitrr.ac.in|
|The Icfai Institute Of Science & Technology||040-23440963||www.icfaiuniversity.in|
|National Institute of Technology, Patna||0612 – 237 1715||www.nitp.ac.in|
|Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering and Management||0712 258 2844||www.rknec.edu|
Best Mechanical Engineering (M.E) Colleges by NIRF Ranking in India
NIRF (National Institutional Ranking Framework) uses regular methodology on a set of revised parameters and metrics for ranking and creating lists of the best institutions within India.
The rankings parameter and weight age comprises of the following things in percentage (%):
- Peer Perception – 10
- Graduation Outcome – 20
- Outreach and Inclusivity – 10
- Teaching, Learning & Resources – 30
- Research and Professional Practice – 30
The given below lists show the best mechanical engineering (M.E) colleges in India, according to NIRF ranking:
|Ranking||Name of the College||NIRF Score (2021)|
|1||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras||90.25|
|2||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi||89.98|
|3||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay||85.34|
|4||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur||83.89|
|5||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur||82.10|
|6||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee||78.12|
|7||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati||73.89|
|8||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Hyderabad||68.71|
|9||National Institute of Technology (NIT), Tiruchirappalli||66.13|
|10||National Institute of Technology (NIT), Karnataka||64.22|
Best Mechanical Engineering (M.E.) Colleges by India Today in India
The given below table comprise of the best mechanical engineering (M.E.) colleges in India by India Today ranking:
|Ranking||Name of the College||B.Tech Mechanical Engineering Fee (in 2021)|
|1||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi||8,43,500|
|2||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay||9,13,600|
|3||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur||3,94,800|
|4||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur||8,31,100|
|5||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee||8,53,200|
|6||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati||8,60,000|
|7||Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS), Pilani||16,42,300|
|8||National Institute of Technology (NIT), Tiruchirappalli||5,26,000|
|9||Delhi Technological University (DTU), New Delhi||6,13,4400|
|10||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Ropar||8,59,200|
Top Mechanical Engineering (M.E) Colleges in India Based on Zones
According to NIRF, The Week, India Today, etc., discussed underneath are the top mechanical engineering (M.E) colleges in India according to each zone:
Top Mechanical Engineering (M.E) Colleges in North India
The top mechanical engineering (M.E) colleges in North India comprise:
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi
Top Mechanical Engineering (M.E) Colleges in South India
The top mechanical engineering (M.E) colleges in South India comprise:
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Hyderabad
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Tiruchirappalli
Top Mechanical Engineering (M.E) Colleges in East India
The top mechanical engineering (M.E) colleges in East India comprise:
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati
- Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad
Top Mechanical Engineering (M.E) Colleges in West India
The top mechanical engineering (M.E) colleges in West India comprise:
- College of Engineering (COEP), Pune
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay
- Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT), Pune
Fee Structure for Top Mechanical Engineering (M.E) Colleges in India
Fees composition varies for the diverse colleges and is designed based on placement reputation, program modes, infrastructure, facilities, and many more. Though, on average, the fee begins from INR 50,200 to INR 8,05,000 for mechanical engineering (M.E) in India.
The government and non-government colleges for mechanical engineering (M.E) with their fees in India comprise:
Public B.Tech Mechanical Engineering (M.E) Colleges in India with their Fees Structure
Different government mechanical engineering (M.E) colleges with their undergraduate (UG) fees are given below:
|Name of Public Colleges||B.Tech Mechanical Engineering (M.E) Fee (in INR)|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras||2,84,500|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi||8,43,100|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay||9,13,100|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur||3,95,200|
Private B.Tech Mechanical Engineering (M.E) Colleges in India with Fees Structure
The given below table shows the private mechanical engineering (M.E) colleges with their undergraduate (UG) fees:
|Name of Private Colleges||B.Tech Mechanical Engineering (M.E) Fee (in INR)|
|Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT), Bhubaneswar||11,37,800|
|Amity University, Noida||10,76,200|
|Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS), Pilani||16,41,500|
|Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science (HITS), Chennai||8,32,200|
Public M.Tech Mechanical Engineering (M.E) Colleges in India with Fees Structure
The given below table include the various government mechanical engineering (M.E) colleges with their postgraduate (PG) fees:
|Name of Public Colleges||M.Tech Mechanical Engineering (M.E) Fee (in INR)|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras||4,18,900|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi||2,27,500|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay||53,950|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur||4,44,100|
Private M.Tech Mechanical Engineering (M.E) Colleges in India with Fees Structure
The given below table shows the private mechanical engineering (M.E) colleges with their postgraduate (PG) fees in India.
|Name of Private College||M.Tech Mechanical Engineering (M.E) Fee (in INR)|
|Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT), Bhubaneswar||5,51,800|
|RV College of Engineering, Bangalore||75,900|
|Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS), Pilani||8,4,200|
|Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science (HITS), Chennai||2,38,950|
Where to Do Mechanical Engineering?
Mechanical Engineering College in Greater Noida
Top Mechanical Engineering (M.E) Colleges in Greater Noida 2022 are given below –
- GL Bajaj Institute of Technology and Management
- Shiv Nadar University
- Sharda University
- Bennett University
- Galgotias University
- Galgotias College of Engineering and Technology
- Gautam Buddha University
- IEC College of Engineering and Technology
- NIET Greater Noida – Noida Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Greater Noida Institute of Engineering and Technology(GNIOT)
- ITS Engineering College
- Mangalmay Group of Institutions
- IIMT College of Engineering
- College of Engineering and Technology, IILM Academy of Higher Learning
- JIMS Engineering Management Technical Campus
- United College of Engineering and Researcher
- KCC institute of Technology and Management
- Dronacharya Group of Institutions (DGI)
- Accurate Institute of Management and Technology
- Greater Noida College of Technology
- Skyline Institute of Engineering and Technology
- DIT School of Engineering
- Priyadarshani College of Computer Sciences
- Ram-Eesh Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Sarvottam Institute of Technology and Management
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (M.E)
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is a 12th stage Diploma course which offers with the sphere of engineering. Mechanical engineering is a area of engineering that applies the concepts of physics and materials technology for analysis, design, production, and protection of mechanical systems.
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering seeks to offer greater on hand and pleasant schooling and education to production or manufacturing employees to satisfy the actual paintings wishes of the producing or manufacturing enterprise and put together them for the modifications in techniques, technologies, markets and employment patterns.
This Diploma is equal to Diploma provided through the Technical Education System and is equal to any of the same diplomas provided through and different university/polytechnic in India. The minimal time length is 3 years and the most is six years.
Mechanical Engineering (M.E) Diploma Eligibility
(A) (i) 10th pass with 55 % marks; or
(ii) 10th pass with ITI certificate from well known institute; or
(iii) 10th pass with Certificate in Motorcycle Service and Repair (CMSR) of IGNOU( Indira Gandhi National Open University); or
(iv) 12th pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM)
(B) Students should be employed in Central or State-level manufacturing industries or in public or private manufacturing industries or in further associated organizations employing alike manpower or self-employed in correspondent capacity.
Syllabus of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (M.E)
The Syllabus of Mechanical Engineering (M.E) which is approved by different Universities and Colleges.
Subjects which students have to study during the course
- Mathematics I
- Mathematics II
- Applied Mechanics
- Lab I (Applied Sciences)
- Lab II (Applied Mechanics)
- Computer Basics
- Engineering Drawing
- Technical Documentation
- Engineering Materials
- Manufacturing Processes I
- Machine Drawing
- Electrical Technology
- Fluid Mechanics
- Strength of Materials
- Lab III (Manufacturing Practices I)
- Lab IV (Computer Application)
- Industrial Management
- Basics of Thermal Engineering
- Elementary Civil Engineering
- Lab V (Strength of Materials)
- Lab VI (Thermal Engineering)
- Lab VII Metrology and Instrumentation
- Lab VIII (Manufacturing Practices II)
- Lab IX (Fluid Mechanics)
- Lab X Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Applied Thermal Engineering
- Machine Design
- Manufacturing Processes II
- Manufacturing Processes III
- Theory of Machines
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Power Plant Engineering
- CNC Machines
- Automobile Engineering
- Metrology and Instrumentation
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (RAC)
Colleges for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (M.E)
- Aryabhatt Polytechnic, Delhi
- Agnel Polytechnic, North Goa
- North Polytechnic – NP, Jammu
- Aastha Polytechnic, Yamuna Nagar
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (M.E) correctness
• Candidates ought to have extraordinary mechanical engineering abilities, in addition to technical drawing and computer skills for designing machines and equipment can for it.
• They ought to have numeric skills including arithmetic that is an critical tool, an inquisitive and logical thoughts to make connections among thoughts and manage summary concepts, innovative and revolutionary thoughts to discover answers to issues which may also want a brand new perspective, true sensible abilities to use math’s and technology to actual issues.
It is appropriate for individuals who are willing to move for coaching fields at a better diploma level.
How is Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (M.E) Course Beneficial?
• Candidates having surpassed their graduation degree or a further management degree could find work in administrative and managerial positions in authorities departments or public and private quarter industries or do studies in addition to teaching in Research and teaching institutes.
• This course prepares the scholars to head for numerous educational, mechanical and associated jobs. After this path you can actually pass for better diploma packages in respective subjects.
• They have additionally an alternative for technical sales/marketing or work as independent consultants.
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (M.E) Employment Areas
- Colleges and Universities
- John Deere – Pune
- PaltechTM Cooling Towers Equipments
- NEPC – New Delhi
- Eagle InfoTech – Gandhinagar
- Alstom – Bangalore
- Nura Engineering Pvt. Ltd. – Delhi
Top Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (M.E.) Colleges in Uttar Pradesh 2022
- Integral University, Lucknow
- Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
- IERT Allahabad, Institute of Engineering and Rural Technology
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- Noida International University, Greater Noida
- GLA University, Mathura
- JS University, Shikohabad
- Maharana Pratap University, Gorakhpur
- Teerthanker Mahaveer University, Moradabad
- IFTM University, Moradabad
- Monad University, Hapur
- Hewett Polytechnic, Lucknow
- Government Polytechnic, Ghaziabad
- Sanjay Gandhi Polytechnic, Jagdishpur
- Rameshwaram Institute of Technology and Management, Lucknow
- Prasad Polytechnic, Lucknow
- Lucknow Institute of Technology, Lucknow
- Saroj Institute of Technology and Management, Lucknow
- Government Polytechnic, Shahjahanpur
- Government Polytechnic, Kanpur
And Many more……….
Benefits of Mechanical Engineering (M.E.)
Why to study mechanical engineering (M.E.)?
Having been referred to as the oldest engineering branch, mechanical engineering involves studying material science and principles of Physics for design, analysis, renovation and manufacturing of a huge variety of mechanical systems. Besides, it also includes learning the application of mechanical and thermal strength to design and operate tools and machines.
Benefits of studying Mechanical Engineering (M.E.) overseas?
The demand for mechanical engineering graduates is on the rise and is predicted to develop an exponentially in the coming years. Almost 70% of graduates studying mechanical engineering (M.E.) overseas land a job within 6 months of their graduation. Soon after finishing the bachelor’s diploma, Indian college students can have a look at a master’s application in mechanical engineering with scholarships offered by public and personal universities. In order to uplift your profession and to step right into a managerial role, a PhD degree in mechanical engineering (domain-precise to thermodynamics, Aerospace, Automotive and composites) will assist you in gaining the profession goals.
Five reasons to study Mechanical Engineering (M.E.)
1. Future of technology
Mechanical Engineering (M.E.) is at the leading edge of growing new technology for some of industries which include transport, healthcare, construction and robotics. This is an exhilarating occasion for technology and consequently for mechanical engineers (M.E.).
2. Graduate prospects
Mechanical Engineering (M.E.) students experience specifically properly graduate prospects. The majority of students enter into professional-level employment or postgraduate (PG) study within 6 months of graduating (UG) completion. The world relies on mechanical engineers to create and build gadgets that we use each day, so being a degree-level engineer in a notoriously tough graduate job market will give you an actual advantage.
3. Numerous skills
Mechanical engineers (M.E.) have an operating know-how of computer applications, electricity, structures, mathematics and physics. Plus, they’re required to have some knowledge of social, environmental and economic factors. This means, as a Mechanical Engineering (M.E) student, you have the opportunity to benefit a technical diploma at the side of a wide knowledge of the world. You may want to even choose a dual honors degree and integrate with every other subject of interest.
4. Global opportunities
Every country in the world desires engineers, so there are lots of worldwide activity potentialities and overseas study opportunities. Search through Mechanical Engineering courses across the United Kingdom and you’ll encounter a fair few that provide a study abroad.
5. Starting salaries
Those with mechanical engineering (M.E.) skills are enormously valued in society and the impressive salaries available for graduates mirror this. Money isn’t everything, however to realize you stand a risk of earning good money after graduation may be an incentive to study this subject area.
Career after Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical engineering (ME) is a predictable for the brilliant future. The career opens up the various opportunities of employment in different industries. Industries that welcome students from the particular field are: automobile, aerospace, railway coach factory, investigate & development, oil & searching, chemical manufacturing foliage and so on.
Employment growth rate of the mechanical engineers (ME) is estimated to enlarge by 9 percent from 2016-2026. While their service in many industries & the growth in every industry that blow the overall growth in employment. Contracting services from the industry will carry on adding the growth in engineering services.
The automobile industrialized company will also remain the big employer. Mechanical engineering (ME) is slated to experience the highest growth rate as compared to the other engineering disciplines. Latest developments such as nanotechnology, robotics to name the minority, will continue to make the new opportunities for mechanical engineers (ME). The requirement for innovations & inventions merged with traditional skills which go on with the good source of employment for mechanical engineers (ME) & their proficiency as well as knowledge.
- M.TECH in Mechanical Engineering (ME)
The popular advanced course is an M.TECH in Mechanical Engineering (ME). All the major colleges like IITs, NITs, BITS & the others offer M.TECH courses in Mechanical Engineering i.e.(ME). It is a 2year full time program in use after the B.TECH. The working engineering graduates, for them it is a 3year part time expected program. Admission for M.TECH courses for Mechanic Engineering depends furthermore on the bachelor’s (UG) degree in (B.E/B.TECH) or the Graduate ability Test in Engineering (GATE) achieve & a questioning.
- · Piping Design and Engineering Course
It is a brilliant job-oriented course as these make students industry-ready. One of the best courses suggested by the experts after completing the graduation in Mechanical Engineering (ME). Not all the engineering graduates are capable to take this course. Piping course is the concepts of mechanical engineering which are included in it, this make it applicable for a mechanical engineer to learn this course as compared to other engineering background.
- Master of Engineering in Tool Design
As we know it is a highly expensive course for graduates in Mechanical Engineering (ME). It is of 2year full time courses or short-term diploma & as well as certificate course. Long-standing courses offered by some institutes are as follow:
- Mechanical engineering in CAD/CAM
- Mechanical Engineering in Tool Design
- PG Course in Tool, Die and Mould Design
- Post Diploma in Tool Design
- (ADTDM) Advanced Diploma in Tool and Die Making
- Master of Technology (Mechatronic)
- · Robotics Course
The other appropriate advanced study course for Mechanical Engineering (ME) graduates is Robotics. It is the systematic study for designing & as well as manufacturing of the robots & also a sub-specialization of the mechanical engineering (ME). The field of engineering is rising enormously, providing a lots of career opportunities for the robotic engineers.
- Diploma in Robotics
- ME in Robotics Engineering
- M.TECH in Robotics
- ME in Advanced Robotics
- ME in Robotics and Automation Engineering
- M.TECH in Mechatronics Engineering
- ME in Automation & Robotics
- M.TECH in Automation and Robotics
- M.TECH in (AI) Artificial Intelligence & Robotics
- · Mechatronics Course
It is the other upcoming course for highest studies for mechanical engineers (ME) is Mechatronics, the study of science which is the combination of 5 disciplines such as: mechanics, informatics, electronics, automation & robotics as well.
- ME in Mechatronics Engineering
- M.TECH in Mechatronics Engineering
- · Nanotechnology
The other brilliant choice for high study of Mechanical Engineering (ME) graduates. As it is the study of applied science, engineering, and technology as well.
- M.TECH in Nanotechnology
- M.SC in Nanotechnology
- ME in Nanotechnology
- · Masters in Business Administration
At last it is the popular course for mechanical engineering (ME) graduates, in this the candidate is to be postgraduate (PG) diploma programme in management or MBA master of business Administration from highly regarded business schools or institutions as well. The degree with MBA is very helpful in occupying jobs in managerial positions. It provides a broad option of career choice.
7 reasons why mechanical engineering (M.E.) is a nice choice for one’s future
Mechanical engineering is a field that applies the ideas of engineering to the design, analysis, production and renovation of machines. It paves the manner so that it will have a moneymaking profession that advantages you and the society.
If you’ve got got a ardor for Mathematics and Physics, you could pick to have a look at mechanical engineering as it will assist sharpen your competencies within side the design, studies and production of equipment, plane and different vehicles. It will even hone your analytical and logical wondering competencies. As a mechanical engineer, you may be enormously valued in your transferable and invention competencies.
Reason 1: You will have a broad variety of career choices
You can select from an extensive variety of sub-disciplines to specialize in a gap inside mechanical engineering, inclusive of marine engineering, aerospace engineering, vehicle engineering and plenty of more. Your profession preference can also convey you to a few exciting place, relying for your preference, inclusive of deserts, oil rigs, deep seas, energy industries and vehicle industries.
On the opposite hand, in case your area of interest is within side the design aspects of mechanical engineering, you can be operating in an office. With this kind of vast variety of profession choices, you may vary in all likelihood locate something that fits your wishes and preferences.
Reason 2: You can be uncovered to worldwide possibilities
A mechanical engineer is wanted in nearly each united states worldwide, along with the Americas, Asia and Europe. This is due to the fact engineering initiatives may be positioned everywhere in the world, requiring you to satisfy clients and behavior investigative fieldwork as a part of your responsibilities.
Reason 3 : You becomes a jack and grasp of all trades
Let’s overlook approximately careers and cash for a second. Mechanical engineering will assist you to turn out to be a multi-proficient person. While pursuing this degree, you’ll be capable of increase your expertise in a extensive type of fields, along with Chemistry, Physics, English Language, structures, energy and laptop applications.
Furthermore, you may increase in-intensity know-how of the economic, social and environmental components of engineering. Thus, you may now no longer simplest turn out to be a professional for your middle subject; however you may additionally construct your expertise on a extensive type of subjects.
Reason 4 : You gets to experience your ardour
If complicated computations are your cup of tea, you could now no longer be interested in another area this is targeted on a small set of specialized skills. Instead, with mechanical engineering, you may locate yourself at domestic with designing and simulating three-D structures. You get to dabble in aid manufacturing, environmental safety measures and opportunity strength systems.
In addition, you may get to discover the intricacies of Physics, increase innovative questioning and satisfy your choice to resolve problems.
Reason 5 : You will spend your lifestyles admist equipment and technology
Mechanical engineers employ a extensive variety of equipment, which encompass go with the drift meters, stress gauges, laptop software, combustion analyzers, optical laser scanners and semiconductor system systems. These equipment will assist you put together technical drawings, take a look at and compare device, song the manufacturing of machinery, and so on.
You will use the equipment now no longer simplest in outside installations however additionally in indoor workplaces. Thus, there’s in no way a stupid second within side the profession of a mechanical engineer.
Reason 6 : You can be provided with a plethora of possibilities
There is a call for mechanical engineers everywhere in the world. Therefore, in case you are an adventurous kind with a hobby in Mathematics, Physics and complicated computations, take a plunge into mechanical engineering. This profitable profession will now no longer limit you for your country; however will provide you with possibilities to journey to some other states/ countries of your preference.
Reason 7 : You will make a contribution to the society
Perseverance and difficult paintings blended together along with your expertise in mechanical engineering may want to permit you to change the sector. For example, you can invent the next-era AI-powered devices, result in wonderful adjustments withinside the lives of the growing old population, or devise answers for demanding situations in cyber security, weather change or the strength market.
As Mr Lim Chong Lye, a lecturer on the School of Engineering and Technology at PSB Academy said, “Mechanical engineering has found out the thoughts of scientists. The high-tech devices which you have might be imperfect without mechanical engineering due to the fact mechanical engineers are at the vanguard of destiny technologies.” It is your flip to be one of these vibrant minds that the sector is seeking out to result in a revolution in society and encourage destiny generations.
With a vast variety of profession possibilities in mechanical engineering, you could locate yourself pursuing your hobby in cranes, robots, shipping, strength, elevators, escalators, aeronautics, automobile automobiles or maybe nanotechnology.
In short, when you have a passion for managing shifting elements and heavy device and seeks demanding situations for your everyday lifestyles, mechanical engineering might be the maximum appropriate profession for you.
Benefits of being a Mechanical Engineering (M.E)
Build your world – mechanical engineers get the high-quality of each world.
• A profession in mechanical engineering permits you to construct a better future for you, and for the world.
• This explains why 89% of engineers have excessive degrees of process satisfaction, and could select the identical profession route again.
Secure your destiny
Mechanical engineering (M.E.) is a steady profession with a bright, long-time period destiny:
• For example, In the United Kingdom (U.K) alone, there could be 1.86million new process openings for engineers through 2021.
• There is already a scarcity of certified engineers, which means better salaries and greater alternatives for folks who are certified.
Reap the rewards
Mechanical engineers (M.E) earn true salaries – properly above the countrywide common:
• The common beginning income for an engineering graduate is approx 6 to 10 lakhs annually (the second one maximum of all graduates after medicinal drug and dentistry).
• Apprentices who turn out to be Engineering Technicians earn on common £40,000.
• With revel in and expert qualifications, you may earn a simple income of around £70,000 as a Chartered Engineer. Get to the top Mechanical engineers (M.E.) have plenty of alternatives for profession progression:
• 85% of engineering graduates move directly to in addition study.
• More revel in and qualifications cause greater obligation and better salaries.
• 33% of the world’s maximum success businesses have a pacesetter with a history in engineering (e.g. Microsoft, Amazon and General Motors).
Engineers are valued for his or her transferable skills.
Make your mark Mechanical engineers make an actual difference:
• You should assist resolve a number of the largest worldwide demanding situations going through humanity, like weather change, cyber security, growing old populations, food, smooth water and energy.
• Or you may create an invention that adjustments the world. Do anything, anywhere Mechanical engineers paintings everywhere in the world, in infinite industries:
• Becoming a mechanical engineer (M.E.) should take you to little exciting places – deserts, oil rigs, the Antarctic, the deep sea.
• Mechanical engineering qualifications and revel in are like having a passport to paintings in lots of unique industries and countries.
Mechanical engineering admission 2022
Entrance Exams Accepted by Top Mechanical Engineering (M.E.) Colleges in India
The varied entrance examinations conducted by numerous colleges for mechanical engineering (M.E.) include:
- JEE Main
- AP EAMCET
- JEE Advanced
- TS EAMCET
- MHT CET
- SET Exam
- TS Polycet
Admissions Procedure & Eligibility Criteria for Top Mechanical Engineering (M.E) Colleges in India
Mechanical engineering colleges mandate a candidate to fulfill all of the eligibility standards. Admission is permitted through entrance tests, direct admissions or merit-primarily based totally system, category and management quota for seat reservation set by the respective institutions.
Given below mentioned are the eligibility criteria and admissions process of mechanical engineering (M.E.) colleges:
Eligibility Criteria for Top Mechanical Engineering (M.E.) Colleges in India
Many universities/colleges essential eligibility standards differ. However, the overall eligibility standards for mechanical engineering programmes throughout India require:
• UG level: Candidates should clear 12th (10+2) with 55%-60% minimal marks with mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology/biotechnology as elective from an authorized board of education.
• PG level: Aspirants ought to collect B.Tech in mechanical engineering with a 50% score from any recognized university or college.
• A candidate with a diploma withinside the associated field from a reputed institution can register for lateral access admissions.
Admissions Criteria for Best Mechanical Engineering (M.E.) Colleges in India
Most institutes’ admissions count on either entrance exams or direct admission. The admissions protocol for mechanical engineering is made on a method of:
Entrance-based: Candidates are offered admission based on entrance examinations administered at the national/state/college level. Example: Examinations such as UPSEE, GATE, JEE Main, JEE Advanced, and many more. It will be followed through counseling rounds through individual conducting officials to assign concluding seats.
Direct admission: The direct choice is made through screening the candidate’s percentage/rankings acquired withinside the qualifying exam. Certain colleges provide seats because of management quota.
Cut Offs for Best Mechanical Engineering (M.E) Colleges
The cut-off is decided on seat availability per university, examination paper issue level, class, etc. Cut-offs is launched through the authority after the announcement of the consequences for the one of a kind guides separately. Candidates ought to clear the qualifying cut-offs to score to go forward with counseling rounds for admissions.
Posted below are the cut-offs of various entrance examinations regulated for mechanical engineering programmes throughout India:
JEE Main Cut Off
Joint Entrance Examination Main (JEE Main) is a countrywide entrance exam carried out through National Testing Agency (NTA) for numerous engineering programmes into the top CFTIs. The latest JEE Main Cut Off on category type is tabulated underneath:
|Category Division||General Cut Off|
|Common Rank List||90-95|
|Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||70-75|
|OBC (Other Backward Class)|
|SC (Schedule Caste)||50-55|
|ST (Schedule Tribe)||45-50|
|PH (Physically Handicapped)||30-35|
GATE Cut Off
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national entrance test prepared by IIT Kharagpur for M.E. / M.Tech /PhD and PSU Recruitment on behalf of Department of Higher Education, the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), and Government of India (GOI).
Given below is the list of previous GATE Cut-Off for Mechanical Engineering (M.E) category-wise:
|Category Division||General Cut Off|