Sardar Patel College of Engineering become installed by Kulapati Dr KM Munshi, Sardar Patel College of Engineering is a self sufficient engineering university placed in Mumbai. The university is administered under the control of the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan and become inaugurated via way of means of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru in 1962. The university is devoted to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and is one of the pinnacle five engineering schools of the country and has been offering incredible training for years.
The university is affiliated with the University of Mumbai and is accepted via way of means of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), University Grants Commission (UGC). With an enrolment of over 1,000 college students and round 50 registered school members, the university gives 11 diverse undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral engineering programmes in center engineering streams like Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical. The university has standard three departments Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Civil Engineering etc.
SPIT’s aim is to accumulate excellence in technical training, research, and innovation. The university imparts statistics that develops analytical ability in technology and era to serve the organization and society at large. Sardar Patel Institute of Technology equips and allows university college students with conceptual, technical, and managerial talents to convert the company and society. SPIT Mumbai makes university college students serve the public, society, and country with the maximum professionalism, values, and ethics to make improvement sustainable and high-satisfactory.
Sardar Patel Institute of Technology offers publications and applications main to formally recognize better training stages along with bachelor’s tiers, master’s tiers, doctorate tiers in numerous areas of study. SPIT has a selective admission coverage based totally on front examinations.
Sardar Patel Institute of Technology moreover offers numerous academic and non-academic centers and offerings to university college students which encompass a library, housing, sports activities sports centers, monetary aids and/or scholarships, similarly to administrative offerings.
The Central Library has a hard and fast of books, journals and different sources in Mathematics and Sciences, Engineering and Technology, Biotechnology, Humanities, Social Sciences and Management starting from revealed books, e-books, returned volumes, and CDs/DVDs.
The library has a hard and fast of greater than 20000 books and is subscribed to National and International periodicals together with numerous on-line journals. SPIT has a scientific centre for pupils and school in case of any emergency or injuries. Doctors are to be had on the health facility to help college students. Medicines and ambulances are also to be had.
Sardar Patel Institute of Technology presents hostel centers to university college students. There are different hostels for both boys and girls. All the rooms are ready with fundamental centers together with a bed, table, chair, etc. A leader warden and hostel wardens are assigned for the peaceful functioning of the hostels.
Sardar Patel College of Engineering (SPCE) is an engineering university placed in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It is affiliated to the University of Mumbai and gives undergraduate, postgraduate stages, and PhD publications in diverse disciplines of engineering.
SPCE gives all of the publications under departments of Civil engineering, Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering, and Structural engineering. Admissions to all of the UG, PG and Ph.D. publications are based on diverse country wide degree and country degree front assessments performed by the University of Mumbai.
• Admission to the UG is given on the premise of the rank received by the candidate in Maharashtra Technical Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET) or JEE (Main)
• Admission to the PG is given on the premise of the rank received by the candidate in GATE Examination.
• Admission to the PhD is given on the premise of the rank received by the candidate in PET or different applicable exams, and interview
• Candidates should satisfy all of the eligibility necessities earlier than filling up the software form.
• The applicants want to wait the common counseling system performed by the university.
• The seats are allocated to the scholars based on their performance in the assessments.
Candidates in search of admission to B.Tech provided at Sardar Patel College of Engineering, Mumbai might also additionally achieve this through making use of online through MHT-CET. The admission information are tabulated below.
|Courses||Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech), Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) – Lateral Entry|
|Mode of Courses||Full-Time|
|Duration of Course||B.Tech – 4 Years B.Tech (Lateral) – 3 Years|
|Specializations of Course||Electrical Engineering Civil Engineering Mechanical Engineering|
|Course Fees (Yearly)||INR 85,020/-|
|Fee||For General Category- INR 800, For Reserved Category- INR 600, For NRI/ OCI/ PIO- INR 5000/-|
|Selection Criteria||Merit based on MHTCET or JEE Mains score|
• Maharashtra State applicants should need to seem for MHT-CET.
• For B.Tech (Lateral), applicants should have exceeded Diploma in Engineering and Technology and acquired as a minimum 50% marks (45% marks for Backward magnificence and PWD applicants belonging to Maharashtra State only),
• For B.Tech, candidate should have exceeded 10+2 or equal exam with Physics & Mathematics as obligatory topics at the side of one of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational topics with minimal of 50% marks (45% marks for Backward magnificence and PWD applicants belonging to Maharashtra State only) in the above topics taken together.
• Alternatively for B.Tech (Lateral), applicants with B.Sc. from a known college as described by UGC and acquired as a minimum 50% marks (45% marks for Backward magnificence and PWD applicants belonging to Maharashtra State only) and exceeded 10+2 with Mathematics as a subject, also are eligible.
• Students performing for 10+2 or Engineering Diploma also are eligible.
• All India applicants want to seem for MHT-CET/JEE Mains. However, JEE Mains might be favored over MHT-CET.
• Admission is through counseling performed by DTE Maharashtra primarily based totally on marks acquired in Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHCET) or rank acquired in JEE-Mains.
• For global college students admission is through counseling performed by DTE Maharashtra primarily based totally on marks acquired in obligatory topics in 10+2.
• The admission for first-12 months engineering diploma publications is executed through the Centralised Admission Process (CAP).
• To turn out to be eligible for CAP the applicants want to sign in their utility online. They can go to the website of the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra and fill-up the form.
• Candidates need to file to the Application Form Receipt Centre (ARC) for record verification.
• Candidates could be shortlisted for CAP rounds primarily based totally on their rating withinside the front examination and possibilities given via way of means of them for publications and colleges. Below is the listing of reduce off for one-of-a-kind specializations
• The seat could be allocated to the applicants as in line with the counseling spherical I, II and III.
• Finally, applicants need to file to the allocated institute and entire the admission process, which incorporates record verification and price payment.
The candidates are required to hold the subsequent documents (unique and xerox) to Facilitation Centres for admission in SPCE:
• GATE Score Card (For M.Tech)
• Domicile Certificate (If Necessary)
• PET or different applicable Score Card (For PhD)
• Category Certificate (Only for Reserved Categories)
• Physical Disability Certificate
• Class 12 or HSC Mark Sheet or Pass Certificate
• Class 12 or SSC Mark Sheet or Pass Certificate
• Transfer Certificate or School/College departure Certificate
• MHT CET Card of JEE Main
• Income Certificate (Only for Students who all are applying for Tuition Fee Waiver plan)
Sardar Patel College of Engineering Seats Reservation Criteria
50% of engineering seats in Maharashtra are reserved for Backward or Reserved Categories. Given below is the distribution of seats for reserved classes in Maharashtra:
|Category||Percentage of seats Reserved|
|Vimukta Jati (VJ)/De Notified Tribes(DT) (NT-A)||4%|
|Nomadic Tribes 1 (NT-B)||2.3%|
|Nomadic Tribes 2 (NT-C)||3.7%|
|Nomadic Tribes 3 (NT-D)||1%|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC)||18%|
The University offers a Bachelor of Technology (B.tech) that consists of period of 4 years. These are the Undergraduate (UG) diploma publications supplied through the university. Their B.tech Programs offer various specializations in particular fields.
Given below are the specializations of B.Tech offered by SPCE –
Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE)
Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE) is that specific branch of engineering which consist the study of application of electronics, electricity and electromagnetism.
A skilled electrical engineer has the alternative to choose his/her line of work from a broad range of areas such as electronic gadgets, computers, cell phone, radars, navigation systems, power plant, and many more. Average starting salary of bright electrical engineering graduates is Rs 5 lakh and more.
The Department offers B. Tech. Program in Civil Engineering (CE). The Department has qualified and experienced faculty to provide to the areas of Structural Analysis and Design, Water Supply and Wastewater Engineering, Geo-technical Engineering, Building Materials and Construction, and Basic and Advanced Surveying Techniques.
Civil engineering is one of the main disciplines of engineering. Civil engineering subjects comprise civil and architectural engineering, geomechanics, minerals and statics, and structural mechanics offer the students with a rock-solid foundation to plan, oversee, construct, and maintain long-lasting structures in both public and private sectors.
Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
B.Tech Computer Science Engineering (CSE) is one of the most famous courses withinside the present times. The purpose behind this accelerated recognition and competitiveness of this specialization is the advent of digitalization taking over the current market at a spectacular rate. Along with being excessive in demand, this course additionally has the capability to open up prospects that are in the context of the future, include artificial intelligence (A.I), the internet of things, robotics, machine learning (ML), augmented reality, and many more.
Following is the detailed listing of semester-wise topics and papers covered in the BTech CSE course. These papers similarly consist of numerous multidimensional topics ranging from simpler concepts to extra complicated ones.
Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
Electronics & Communication Engineering offers with the electronic devices, circuits, communication equipments like transmitter, receiver, integrated circuits (IC). It targets to deepen the knowledge and skills of the students at the fundamental standards and theories that will equip them in their expert work related to analysis, systems implementation, operation, production, and maintenance of the various applications withinside the field of Electronics and Communications Engineering.
Automobile Engineering is a department of engineering that offers with designing, production and renovation of Automobiles. The direction in Automobile Engineering includes more than a few sub-disciplines, beginning from designing the automobiles to production components, assembling and trying out them for protection. There are numerous different packages to be had on this location which the aspirants examine in the course of the auto engineering direction. Some of them encompass aerodynamics, electronics, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, gas emissions, protection engineering, manage systems, motorsport and deliver chain management.
Automobile engineering offers numerous regions of know-how and getting to know in the area of cars and electronics for folks that are captivated with vehicles and automobiles and their functioning.
Among many expert fields on this day and age, Automobile Engineering is absolutely one of the maximum pursued professions with the aid of using the younger lot. Everyday improvement in the vehicle enterprise requires extra younger expert’s in the area who’re captivated with the work. The destiny of Automobile Engineering with the inclusion of automobile automobiles makes it even extra exciting for the aspirants who need to test with their innovation and medical creativity.
The vehicle market, each in India and overseas calls for such people who can result in vital adjustments which might be required in the destiny of this location. There are big investments on this enterprise and regular boom withinside the idea of creating the automobiles tons extra cushy for the humans and operating with the present day generation to do what’s wanted with the aid of using the customers.
Different universities and faculties have a distinct set of topics in line with semester in vehicle engineering courses. Some foremost topics/syllabus of Automobile Engineering which might be critical for all of the aspiring applicants are as follows: –
Also read: Techno India Salt Lake
Mechanical Engineering (ME)
B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering is an undergraduate Mechanical Engineering route. Mechanical engineering is an area of engineering that applies the ideas of physics and materials science for analysis, design, manufacturing, and preservation of mechanical systems.
It is the department of engineering that includes the production and usage of heat and mechanical energy for the design, manufacturing, and operation of machines and tools. It is 4 years duration course. The cost of the course is immense, and it’s far activity orienting in nature. B.Tech ME subjects list are listed below:
Sardar Patel College of Engineering Scholarship
• Scholarship supplied by Naroatam Sekhsaria Foundation for PG college students in Indian and overseas universities.
• 100% of training costs at SPIT are paid by Maharashtra Government for ST/SC/DT/NT/VJ/SBC college students.
• 50% of training costs are paid by Maharashtra Government for OBC college students. For greater details, go to http://mahaeschool.maharashtra.gov.in
• Merit-cum-means (own circle of relatives earnings much less than 8.l.p.a) scholarship as much as Rs. 50000/- supplied by Naroatam Sekhsaria Foundation for UG college students (F.E, S.E., T.E and B.E). For greater details, go to http://engg.nsfoundation.co.in/Home/Scholarships.
• Scholarship for minority college students (Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Parsi and Jain) and Economic backward elegance supplied by Government of Maharashtra.
Sardar Patel College of Engineering Placements
The schooling and location cell of the university prepares university college students for dealing with corporation interviews. The centre works cautiously with corporations to offer schooling sports. Pre-recruitment sports encompass business visits, technical schooling, mock interviews and presentations. They gather comments from the businesses journeying the campus for placements. This comments is conveyed to university college students.
Summer internships are prepared for university college students to offer them with business exposure. The Training and Placement Office (TPO) of the Sardar Patel Institute of Technology acts as a bridge among the enterprise and the scholars. The workplace courses the scholars in problems like employment, profession planning, possibilities available, etc. The workplace is also answerable for schooling the scholars for the imminent recruitments. They are taken for business visits to corporations in which they paintings on real-existence projects. Some spotlight of Sardar Patel Institute of Technology placements are:
• The maximum CTC presented become Rs. 39LPA.
• The common CTC presented become Rs. 7.69LPA.
• Some of the recruiting corporations are KPMG, LTI, Larsen And Toubro, MAQ Software, Godrej Natures Basket, GEP, Europ Assistance, Dot Syndicate, Debug Bunny, Colgate Palmolive, Capgemini, etc.
Some of the main recruiter of SPIT is given below:
For more information visit Best Colleges in India