Bombay College of Pharmacy (BCP) is a pioneering organization in Pharmaceutical training in India. It changed into based in 1957 by the Indian Pharmaceutical Association – Maharashtra State Branch (IPA-MSB) with financial assist from the Government of Maharashtra and numerous pharmaceutical corporations. Since its inception as a university presenting a Diploma in Pharmacy, the university has grown in stature and at gift gives Bachelors, Masters, and Doctoral packages of look at in Pharmaceutical Sciences. It gives bachelors, masters, doctorate and degree guides to the college students. BCP has generated extra than 1500 Pharmacists and 300 M.Pharma and a hundred and seventy Ph.D., graduates.
The visiting expense is slight because the university is simply 2.5km away from each Santacruz and Kurla railway stations. The university ranked twenty fourth in NIRF 2020. BCP is placed near the University of Mumbai, Kalina Campus. It is set five and 12 km from the home and global airports respectively. It is set 2.5 km from each Kurla and Santacruz railway stations and is effortlessly reached with the aid of using public delivery from the central, western and Navi Mumbai suburbs. BCP has produced extra than 1500 Pharmacists and 300 M. Pharm and 170 PhD graduates.
Many of the BCP alumni now maintain outstanding positions in industry and academia each in India and abroad. Several school individuals have obtained coaching and studies awards from All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), University Grants Commission (UGC), the Council of Scientific and Industrial studies (CSIR), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and the company sector. BCP has properly prepared laboratories, the Dr. M. K. Rangnekar drug trying out and schooling laboratory, country of the artwork equipment, instruments, net centers and an terrific library.
BCP encourages and undertakes collaborative tasks with industries and academia. More than 300 industry sponsored tasks were completed. In reality, recently (2014) BCP has been diagnosed as Best Industry Linked Institute in Pharmacy discipline by AICTE-IIC cell.
Infrastructure centers at Bomby College of Pharmacy
The Bombay College of Pharmacy is constructed on a bit of land generously donated with the aid of using Mr. Apastakolos Raptakos of Raptakos Brett & Co. Ltd. in the coronary heart of Mumbai City i.e. at Kalina, Santacruz. It accommodates specially of homes in the campus. The smaller one is really the staff quarters. The control of Bombay College of Pharmacy aspires to construct a multi-storey tower housing quarters, hostel, IPA workplace, seminar corridor and an auditorium.
• The primary constructing of Bombay College of Pharmacy has flooring housing magnificence rooms, seminar halls, canteen, laboratories, tool room, gadget room, administrative workplace, IPA and IPA-MSB workplace etc.
• The primary constructing is surrounded by greenery which includes medicinal plants. The primary front faces a small lawn committed for the flag hoisting ceremony.
• Passage in the entrance is one magnificence room, a seminar corridor and laboratories. Walking via the corridors leads you to the university canteen which is supplied with right seating association for nearly a hundred people. Canteen presents snacks and lunch.
• The canteen has a television, desk tennis and carom board. A big chess board has been constructed on the lounge.
• At the ground there are common rooms and lavatories for boys and girls. For problem free motion for the handicap an access with a ramp has been furnished main to the elevate to be had to attain better flooring. On the floor ground is the, RIA lab, gadget room and extra magnificence rooms.
• On the primary ground there’s the executive workplace, chairman’s workplace, audit room, exam room, Principal’s office, ACE office, IPA workplace, magnificence rooms Pharma Analysis PG labs, Pharmacology PG labs, Pharmacognosy PG labs, UG Chemistry lab, Pharmacology and Pharmacognosy labs, tool room and an academic room. All the magnificence rooms at BCP were prepared with net connection and LCD projectors.
• The 2d ground may be divided in 3 sections. The first is reserved for the Library. The library itself is split in 4 sections.
3) Computer room
4) Librarian’s cabin/admin.
Also read: Vels University
Details of library may be determined at library page. Vividhlaxi Audyogik Samshodhan Vikas Kendra (VASVIK): A Multipurpose business studies promotion middle was based in 1983 inaugurated with the aid of using Dr.S.D Sharma, Governor of Maharashtra, to offer area studies laboratories. The VASVIK studies wing accommodates of
• Wockhardt Pharmaceutics Laboratory
• Lupin Pharmacology Laboratory
• Lyka Pharmacogonosy Laboratory
Pharmaceutical Chemistry Research Laboratory
• Pharmaceutical Chemistry Research Laboratory funded with the aid of using Ministry of HRD Govt. Of India, Prof. Nagarsenker’s Pharmaceutics Lab, Professors, HPC cluster room, molecular modelling lab, Pharmaceutics and Chemistry lab, Pharmacology lab, and a tool room.
The College is constantly upgrading its infrastructure and equipment. In reality it’s the essential purpose to offer students all of the centers to gather skills vital for a properly-trained pharmacist.
|Type of Institute||Private|
|Affiliated||University of Mumbai|
|Examinations||GPAT/MHT-CET/Ph.D. Entrance Test (PET)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Area of Campus||4 Acres|
The organization gives each UG and PG courses in Pharmacy with B.Pharma, M.Pharma & Ph.D. Following are the course information along side some of seats to be had and length of the courses:
|Course Name||Specialization Offered||Particulars|
|B.Pharm||Pharmacy||Eligibility Criteria: 12th with Science stream and MHTCET entrance examination|
Period: 4 years
|B.Pharm Lateral||Pharmacy||Eligibility Criteria: D.Pharm|
Period: 3 years
|M.Pharm||Pharmaceutical Analysis||Eligibility Criteria: B.Pharm. and GPAT merit marks|
Period: 2 years
|Pharmacognosy & Phytochemistry|
|Pharmacology & Toxicology|
|Ph.D.||Technical||Eligibility Criteria: M.Pharm and GPAT merit marks|
Period: 2 to 4 years
BCP has an annual intake of extra than 150 college students. The college students want to qualify and satisfy the subsequent eligibility standards so that you can get admission into the university according to the guides they may be applying for.
How to Apply?
• Appear for MHT-CET to get advantage rank and practice for admissions.
• M.Pharm and Ph.D. choice procedure is primarily based totally upon advantage marks secured in the Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT).
• The qualifying applicants could want to seem for the counseling technique further.
Scholarships Provided by Bombay College of Pharmacy
• The College gives Scholarship facility to all of the college students.
• Scholarships are to be had to assist full-time study at the University for resident Indian nationals only. Each yr the University awards numerous scholarships in the form of price remission to exceptional candidates. These scholarships of advantageous inclusive attempt range in fee and feature different standards on which they may be awarded. Apart from the state government scholarships, some of other free ships and scholarships are presented on the institute level:
|Dr H K Bhabha Scholarship||For standing 1st in First Year B. Pharm.|
|MadhoolaSindoo Scholarship||For standing 2nd in First Year B. Pharm.|
|Pamdal Merit Scholarship||For standing 1st in Second Year B. Pharm.|
|Dr KarziKazdar Scholarship||For standing 2nd in Second Year B. Pharm.|
|Late Sumitra V Padval Scholarship||For standing 1st in Third Year B. Pharm.|
|B.C.P. Silver Jubilee Scholarship||For standing 2nd in Third Year B. Pharm.|
|Unichem Merit Scholarship||For standing 3rd in Third Year B. Pharm.|
|Late Sreelata Konduri Memorial Prize||For standing 1st in Third Year B. Pharm. in BCP|
|Late Prof. A. S. Deshpande Memorial Prize||For standing 1st in Industrial Management in Third Year B. Pharm.|
|Alumini Prize||For standing 1st in Final Year B. Pharm. In B.C.P.|
|Dr. H. P. Tipnis Prize||For standing 1st in Pharmaceutical Chemistry in Final Year B. Pharm.|
|Late Prof. V. Subba Rao Memorial Prize||For standing 1st in Pharmaceutics in Final Year B. Pharm in B.C.P.|
|Mrs. Seema Shirodkar Prize||For standing 1st in GPAT among the students of BCP|
|IPA MSB Scholarship||For standing 1st in First Year B. Pharm. Admission|
|Ramesh Banatwala Memorial Prize||Best Student Award|
The placement at Bombay College of Pharmacy actively bridges the space among the scholars and company organizations. The institute’s Placement Cell features under the supervision of Dr. (Mrs.) Premlata K. Ambre, and operates all over the year to set up campus interviews via way of means of the industries.
• The Cell acts as a touch factor for all Pharma and Non-Pharma Industries that want to pick out students from Bombay College of Pharmacy.
• It expedites the whole system from accumulating resumes, Telephone numbers and e-mails from the scholars and forwarding it to HR branch of fascinated Pharma/Non-pharma Industries.
• Further it organizes Pre-placement talks (PPT) via way of means of companies for facts about the employer profile, process description and the package and finally allows the industries to behavior the induction system in the campus.
• If a scholar after the recruitment system is positioned in a selected employer (for eg. Company C1), he or she could now no longer be allowed to use to some other employer in the equal class (for e.g. Company C2). However, there could be a choice for a ‘Dream Company’. This manner that the scholar can pick out or follow in any employer in the different classes A & B.
• If a scholar is placed in any employer of class B (for e.g. Company B1), she or he could now no longer be allowed to use to another employer of class B (for e.g. Company B2)
• If a scholar is positioned in any employer in class a, he/she can be able to exhaust all similarly placement opportunities.
• If a scholar’s call is enlisted in the Waiting List of a selected employer, it’s going to now no longer be considered as a placement and he/she could be allowed to use in different companies.
• If there may be a time hole among the recruitment system and the declaration of the results via way of means of a selected employer (say Company B1), the scholar could be allowed to use to some other employer (say Company B2) all through this period. But in case he/she is chosen in Company B1 in addition to Company B2, he/she will now no longer be allowed to use similarly (besides for Category A Companies
For more information visit: Best Colleges in India