Engineering is a branch of education that includes the application of Science, Technology, and Mathematics to innovate, design, develop and maintain machines, structures, software, hardware, and systems as well as processes.
This region provides a range of career opportunities across all industries, making it one of the most sought-after courses pursued by candidates after standard 12, especially those from the Science branch. As per the All India Council of Technical Education statistics for the year 2021-22, there are 5917 engineering and technology colleges in the nation with a total annual intake of 23,61,753 students.
Top Engineering Colleges in Bihar
A 2018-19 report of the All-India Survey of Higher Education (AISHE) motorized by the Ministry of Human Resource and Development (MHRD), Engineering is the 3rd major branch with 37.70 lakh candidates enrolled at the undergraduate level. The share of male candidates enrolled in Engineering and Technology is 71.1 percent whereas female candidates enrolment is 28.9 percent.
Candidates planning to study Engineering in India can pick from nearly 100 specializations, with Computer Science Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering being some of the most widespread ones.
Engineering Colleges in Bihar
The Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), as well as some private technical colleges such as Birla Institute of Science and Technology (BITS) Pilani are some of the best colleges to follow engineering from. According to Education Rasta, there are more than 3,500 institutes offering engineering programs in India.
A Bachelor of Technology is a four-year professional undergraduate degree provided in numerous fields in Kerala. A few of the branches of Engineering are mentioned below:
- B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.Tech in Electrical Engineering
- B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering
- B.Tech in Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech in Information Technology
- B.Tech in Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech in Automobile Engineering
- B.Tech in Environmental Engineering
- B.Tech in Dairy Technology and Engineering
- B.Tech in Agricultural Information Technology
- Engineering in B.Tech in Infrastructure Engineering
- B.Tech in Plastics Engineering
- Engineering in B.Tech in Food Processing and Technology
- B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Engineering in B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering
- B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering
- B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering
- B.Tech in Motorsport Engineering
- Engineering in B.Tech in Metallurgy Engineering
- B.Tech in Naval Architecture
- Engineering in B.Tech in Geoinformatics
- Engineering in B.Tech in Petrochemical Engineering
- B.Tech in Polymer Engineering
- Engineering in B.Tech in Nuclear Engineering
Below we have mentioned some engineering streams and their syllabus:
Also Read BML Munjal University
Engineering in Mechanical Engineering in Bihar
- Kinematics of Machinery
- Solid Mechanics – II
- HSS Elective – II
- Workshop – II
- Mechanical Lab – I
- Engineering Materials
- HSS Elective – I
- Physical Training – IV
- Solid Mechanics – I
- Modern Biology
- Engineering Mechanics
- Introduction to Computing
- Mathematics – II
- Fluid Mechanics – I
- Physical Training – II
- Electrical Sciences
- Mathematics – I
- Physics – II
- Workshop /Physics Laboratory
- Physics – I
- Engineering Drawing
- Physical Training – I
- Chemistry Laboratory
- Manufacturing Technology – I
- Machine Drawing
- Physical Training – III
- Computing Laboratory
- Basic Electronics Laboratory
- Physics Laboratory/Workshop
Engineering in Civil Engineering in Bihar
- Mechanics of Solids-II
- Survey Lab
- Mechanics of Fluids-II
- Strength of Materials Lab
- Mechanics of Solids-I
- Probability, Statistics
- Engineering Physics
- Engineering Chemistry
- Strength of materials
- Geotechnical Engineering-II
- Environmental Engineering-I
- Computer-Aided Engineering Drawing
- Computer Programming-I
- Physics Laboratory
- Basic Mechanics Engineering
- Introduction to Electronics
- Practices Lab
- Engineering Mathematics-II
- Engineering Graphics
- Geotechnical Lab
- Mechanics of Fluids-I
- Concrete Technology
- Building Planning and Drawing
- Geotechnical Engineering-I
- Engineering Physics-II
- Manufacturing Process
- Construction Materials
- Computer Programming-II
- Physics Laboratory
- Technical English
- CAD Laboratory
- Engineering Mathematics-I
Engineering in Electronics and Communication Engineering in Bihar
- Digital transmission
- Signals and systems
- Open elective -1
- Advanced electronics and communication engineering
- Techniques of Computation
- Satellite communication
- Fields and Waves
- Electrical Engineering
- Antenna and wave propagation
- Basic engineering
- Data Structures
- Microwave engineering
- Communication management
- Hardware designs
- Electromechanical energy conversion
- Network Synthesis and Analysis
- Digital electronics
- Analog transmission
- Digital communication
- Analog communication
- Wave progression
Engineering in Computer science and Engineering in Bihar
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Networks
- Implementation of Programming Languages
- Artificial Intelligence Lab
- Computer Networks Lab
- Implementation of Programming Languages Lab
- Operating Systems
- Computer Architecture
- Database and Information Systems
- Database and Information Systems Lab
- Operating Systems Lab
- Computer Architecture Lab
- Environmental Studies
- Logic Design Lab
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Software Systems Lab
- Logic Design
- Automata Theory and Logic
- Numerical Analysis
- Data Structures and Algorithms Lab
- Experimentation and Measurement Lab
- Introduction to computer programming
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Workshop Practice
- Chemistry I
- Chemistry Lab
- Physics Lab
- Discrete Structures
- Introduction to Electrical and Electronic Circuits
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Modern Physics
- Engineering Graphics and Drawing
- Abstractions and Paradigms in Programming
- Linear Algebra and Ordinary Differential Equations
- Abstractions and Paradigms in Programming
Top 10 Engineering Colleges in Bihar
IIT Patna, Bihar
IIT Patna, Bihar is among the eight new IITs founded by the Act of the Indian Parliament. The college has 10 academic departments, 50 labs, 3 colleges, and a few advanced research centers. The research and education regions of IIT Patna are Engineering, Pure Science, Mathematics, Humanities, as well as Social Sciences. The college has collaborations with 9 foreign institutes. These collaborations deliver research opportunities to candidates and faculty members in different areas of Science and Technology. Candidates and research scholars from IIT Patna also go to the US, Australia, Singapore, and Canada for exchange courses and international internships.
The college provides more than 40 programs through UG, PG, and Ph.D. degrees. The leading course of IIT Patna is BTech. The course is specialized in 9 branches. Students seeking admission to the course are required to appear for the IIT JEE Advanced examination and participate in the JoSAA counseling. For IIT Patna BTech entrance, an IIT JEE Advanced rank of 1849-14216 is required. The entire fee charged for the four-year BTech course is Rs. 6.98 Lacs. Students belonging to the Scheduled Cast/ Scheduled Tribe category are excused from tuition fee payments.
NIT Patna, Bihar
NIT Patna, Bihar has been graded at 72 positions by National Institutional Ranking Framework in the year 2021 for its performance in Engineering institutes. The popular programs provided by the college are B.Tech in the CSE branch and B.Arch programs. Entrance to these courses is based on the IIT JEE Main examination score and NATA Score individually.
The college achieved its highest-ever salary package of Rs. 1.6 CPA during the 2022 placement initiative. It was trapped by an NIT Patna ECE candidate. NIT Patna has started its 2022 placement initiative. The college achieved its record-breaking highest salary package of Rs. 1.6 CPA provided by Facebook. It was snared by an ECE candidate. The second maximum salary package received was Rs. 1.1 CPA which was provided by Google.
In the placement ambition of 2021, the Maximum CTC stood at Rs. 10 lakhs per annum, and the Average CTC stood at Rs. 5.04 lakhs per annum. The least package stood at Rs. 3.05 lakhs per annum. 340 candidates were registered and 268 proposals were made. The highest number of providers were offered to the Electronics and Communication Engineering department. A few of the protruding recruiters of NIT Patna are Amazon, Oracle, Accenture, Adobe, Jio, Cognizant, Alstom, and more.
Sandip University, Bihar
Sandip University, Bihar is one of the most well-known private universities situated in Sijoul of Madhubani District, Bihar. The institute provides multiple programs at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels in different fields including Engineering, Computer Science, Commerce and Management, and Education. Graduates from the institute are placed in top recruiting companies for example Amazon, TCS, BYJU’s, and much more. Admission to SUN is based on both merits as well as entrance-based and the accepted marks for the same is JEE Main and SU JEE.
Sandip University, Bihar systematizes a variety of career fairs for its candidates: Career Services events, and leveraging relationships with staff and fellow candidates. Almost every candidate gets the proposal to join the internship which is an essential part of career development.
- The placement record of Sandip institute has been excellent in the previous years. Candidates got outstanding placements and internships.
- More than 200 companies such as KPIT, LTI, Atos Syntel, Mphasis, Jaro, Byju’s, HFFC, IndiaMART, Amazon, Flipkart, Zensar, and many more are a part of Sandip University’s placement drive each year.
- In the year 2018, Sandip University held a record of placing 94% interested and entitledcandidates.
- In the year 2019, Almost 400 candidates were placed in diverse companies with the highest package of Rs. 12 Lakhs per annum.
- 80% of MBA (Master of Business Administration)candidates were recruited even before appearing for final examinations.
Government Engineering College, Gopalganj, Bihar
Government Engineering College, Gopalganj is an engineering institute set by the Government of Bihar in the gorgeous city of Gopalganj. The institute was founded by the Department of Science and Technology in the year 2019. This institute is a newly settled and presently growing technical organization. The institute is associated with Aryabhatta Knowledge University and is permitted by the All India Council for Technical Education.
The institute started its first academic session in the year 2019 from the Campus of Braj Kishor Narayan Singh Government Polytechnic, Gopalganj (BKNSGP), Gopalganj, Bihar. The prime goal of this college is to enhance candidates with sound knowledge, acumen, training, and experience both at the academic level of Engineering and in a highly competitive global market. GEC, Gopalganj inspires and motivates its candidates to dedicatedly strive for the best and achieve excellence by way of inclusiveness, integrity, innovation, and creativity.
- The college has a well-equipped library with books covering almost all subjects required by staff and students. The working hours of the library are from 10:00 AM TO 5:00 PM.
- The college has an auditorium with a huge seating capacity to conduct events and seminars for the students.
- The college also includes a departmental based laboratory facility for the students. It is well equipped with the latest instruments and all the required support elements.
- The college provides sports facilities for the recreation and physical fitness of all students.
- The college gives a great IT Infrastructure facility for the students.
Amity University, Patna, Bihar
Amity University, Patna is a private institute that was founded in the year 2017 by the Amity Education Group. It is situated in Patna, Bihar, and is permitted by the University Grant Commission of India. This college provides Undergraduate & Postgraduate programs in the field of Commerce, Computer Science, Engineering, Management, Law, English Literature, and Journalism.
It has a state-of-the-art infrastructure as well as services. The college is famous for its placement record and international exposure. Well-reputed corporations visit the Patna campus to provide placement to the candidates. The college also organizes corporate visits/ Industrial visits, a Summer Internship program for the candidates through which they get excellent corporate experience
The selection standards for the undergraduate and postgraduateprograms are mentioned beneath:
Undergraduateentrance: Entrance to all the undergraduateprograms is done based on 10+2 marks, an English Language examination followed by an interview. For B.Tech entrance, students need to appear in Amity IIT JEE.
Postgraduateentrance: Entrance to all the postgraduateprograms is done based on merit scored in the qualifying examination, the English Language examination followed by an interview. For MBA entrance, students have to appear in Group Discussion and Management Aptitude Examination on the day of the interview
Aryabhatta Knowledge University, Bihar
Aryabhatta Knowledge University, Bihar also recognized as AKU Patna has been founded by the Government of Bihar for the development and management of educational infrastructure associatedwith technical, medical, management, and allied professional education in the state.
The placement situation at Aryabhatta Knowledge UniversityPatna is increasing each year. In Placements drive 2021, about 60% of candidates got placed in the IT sector with an average package provided of Rs. 3 to 4 lakhs per annum. The highest salary package stood at Rs. 25 lakhs per annum in the IT region only.
- The institute is the University Grant Commission of Indiapermitted and associatedwith some other colleges in Bihar.
- Aryabhatta Knowledge UniversityPatna providesnumerous UG, PG, and Diploma programs. Admissions to these programs are done on the foundation of merit scored in the entrance examination conducted by the university.
- The average income package during the last year’s placement was around Rs. 3.52lakhs per annum
- The entrance examinations accepted for admissions are NEET, IIT JEE main, SMAT, BCECE, as well as B.Ed.
- The reservation of seats for diversegroups is as per the rules set by the Government of Bihar.
- The amenitiesprovided at the university comprise the library, sports, laboratories, smart classrooms, Wi-Fi., canteens, and hostels.
Bhagalpur College of Engineering, Bihar
Bhagalpur College of Engineering, denoted as BCE, was founded in the year 1960 in Bihar. The institute provides B.Tech and B.Tech lateral programs in 5 specializations. It also openedthe M.Tech courses in 2 specializations in the academic session 2019-20. Admissions to all programs are on the base of entrance exams. The undergraduate program’s admissions are based on IIT JEE Mains scores, while postgraduate courses are based on GATE scores. Counseling is carried outby the BCECE board through UG EAC along with PG EAC.
Admissions for the B.Tech program are based on the IIT JEE Mains examination, while for the M.Tech program, GATE scores are considered. Candidates have to show in the Undergraduate Engineering Admission Counselling (UG EAC) for B.Tech, and Postgraduate Engineering entrances Counselling (PG EAC) for M.Tech. This is carried out by the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Exam Board. A dedicated Training and Placement department is present in the institute that simplifies smooth recruitment of the candidates by placement and provides vital training.
The Placement Assembly starts in August and goes up until June of the following year. Invitations are directed to the prospective companies and candidates are prepared with pre-placement talks, tests, GDs, personal interviews, and more. During the 2018-19 session, 26 UG graduates were successfully placed in reputed corporations.
Birla Institute of Technology, Patna, Bihar
Birla Institute of Technology, Patna, also mentioned as BIT Patna, is an enlargement of BIT, Mesra campus. It provides 4 undergraduate programs in a total of 10 specializations: B.Tech, BBA, BCA, and B.Arch. There are also MBA and M.Tech as postgraduate programs, and 9 specializations in Ph.D. Admissions to the BBA and BCA programs are merit-based, while admissions to all other programs are entrance-based. The topmost recruiters of the institute include Accenture, Infosys, Tech Mahindra, and much more.
Birla Institute of technology has a Training and Placement department that takes care of all the placement-related events. The college has tie-ups and good relations with multiple cores (technical) and non-technical corporations. The average income package is Rs. 5.7 lakhs per annum, while the highest salary package bagged last year was Rs. 9 lakhs per annum. Eligible applicants can apply to the institute directly based on the following standards:
- Entrance to the BBA and BCA programs are merit-based.
- Entranceto B.Tech and B.Archprograms are based on IIT JEE Mains marks.
- Entranceto the M.Techprogramis based on GATE marks.
- Entranceto the MBAprogramis based on MAT / CAT / XAT marks.
Gaya College Of Engineering, Bihar
Gaya College Of Engineering also known as GCE was founded in the year 1981 by the Government of Bihar. GCE, Gaya provides undergraduate programs i.e., B.Tech, and postgraduate programs across 4 engineering and 1 science and humanities department. Under the undergraduate course, it provides B.Tech in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering. Admission to the institute is by entrance examination (BCECE) which has two rounds, screening, and mains Examination followed by counseling.
Graduates from the institute are placed in businesses for example Prism Cement, Tata Steel, Q Spider, Aaryama Soft Private Limited, CACTUS, Dalmia Bharat Cement, Cloud engineers, and more. The placement department of Gaya college was set up during session 2017-18 and is energetically calling topmost recruiters to the college for pre-final year candidates.
For third-year candidates, training/ internships in numerous reputed industries and institutions are offered. The main neighboring industries in which candidates visited recently are DVC, NTPC, POWER GRID, BSNL, PRISM cement, and others. The internship salary is about Rs. 5000 to 15000. Some of the topmost recruiters are CACTUS, Faceprep, Prism cement, Chegg, Cloud Engineers, TATA steel, Tre’s vista, Dalmia Bharat Cement, and much more.
Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Bihar
Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology is a private engineering institute founded with the approval of the All India Council of Technical Education. This college is associated with Aryabhata Knowledge University, Patna. The college provides courses in the field of engineering. Admissions are done based on national entrance examinations that as IIT JEE Main and BPTPIA marks.
The college has a training and placement department to enhance the skills of the candidate to be placed in good companies. Almost 80% of candidates have been placed in good corporations. Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology has a dedicated placement and training department to look after the employment needs of the candidates.
A large number of candidates have already been placed through the training and placement department. A total of 423 candidates registered for placement procedure at the college out of which 338 students got placed with reputed companies. Among the topmost organizations that visit for placements are Infosys, NITT Ltd., TCS, along with Adani Group. Additional recruiters are – Teciforce Solution Pvt. Ltd., NIIT Ltd, Source Key, and Franciscanch Pvt Ltd. As well as Videocon connect.